- 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Third person.

Aera's classes were done for the day. She headed outside the campus, planning to stop by the bookstore. It was an approximately ten minutes walk, getting there wasn't much of a problem even though she'd rather be going back to the dorm right now. Neither Miyoung nor Jiwoo is home anyway, their classes end in thirty minutes.

She entered the bookstore with no rush and looked for two books she needed to get. It didn't take long for her to find them. Except, one was placed high on the top shelf. She tried to reach for it while stepping on her toes, but then it slipped and fell on the floor.

Aera bent down to pick it up but at the same time, another hand attempted to reach for it before she could. Her eyebrows furrowed, meeting their eyes. Her breath hitched as she realized it was none other than him. Their faces were on the same level as he was staring back at her. Therefore, she panicked and pulled her arm away.

Heeseung grabbed the book, taking a look at the cover before handing it to her.

"You take psychology?" He asked, out of curiosity.

"Uh? Oh, no. I just..." Aera's brain was currently not responding, having trouble believing that he is standing in front of her. He cracked a smile seeing how shy she gets.

"I'm a Business major, always been quite interested in psychological stuff though." Aera was able to say it without stammering her words at last.

"I see." Heeseung responded. He looked at her again, as if examining her face. Aera leaned away, flustered at his stare.

"You were the girl at the grocery store the other day, weren't you?" He asked, leaning close to her.

"Which girl? How am I supposed to assume the girl you're referring to is me?" Aera responded, but she realized how she sounded straightly impolite and felt ashamed. Though, Heeseung crookedly smiled.

"I remember you very well, pretty." Heeseung surprised her with the endearment. Aera blushed, feeling her knees go weak so she had to look away from him, diverting to the books on the shelf next to her.

'Lord, this man.' Aera gulped. Noticing that he hasn't moved a bit made her confused.

"Aren't you gonna like, get something to buy?" Aera asked carefully. Or are you just gonna stand there and watch me?

"Technically I only came here to buy new pens and a folder." Heeseung replied, sheepishly rubbing his hand on the back of his neck.

"Then why are you here in the books..." Aera trails off.

'Because I saw you enter not long after I did and I knew it was you from the grocery store because you've been stuck in my mind and also I wanted to talk to you.'

"My curiosity led me here. Then I saw you." Heeseung said, erasing the actual explanation he had in mind as he didn't want to expose himself yet.

"Do you like to read?" Aera inquired, coming off as a random question, and slightly regretted asking. Perhaps she should just stop talking before she embarrasses herself further later on.

"Not quite, only when I have to." Heeseung responded.

"Mhm, okay." Aera softly smiled exactly when they both heard a buzz coming from him.

Heeseung fished out his phone out of his jacket, getting a missed call from someone. He murmured something under his breath and inserted it back inside.

"I have to go, sorry." Heeseung said, hiding the fact that he didn't want to yet. Aera nodded in understanding.

"That's okay. It was nice talking to you." Aera said, the smile never leaving her lips which made Heeseung's stomach churn.

"Likewise, let's see each other again soon." Heeseung sent a wink, resulting in Aera chuckling.

As Heeseung began to walk away smiling widely, he got stopped when he heard her voice calling for him again.

"Hey, wait! What about your pens and folder...?"

Heeseung completely forgot and immediately ran in the opposite direction, where the stationery was located. Aera shook her head to herself and not long after, he was making his way to pay for a black folder and blue pens. He looked at her and mouthed a small "thank you," embarrassedly making Aera laugh wholeheartedly.

━━━━━

The car lightened up as he went inside, throwing what he bought in the passenger seat. With a song from his playlist playing, Heeseung maneuvered the car with both hands, driving smoothly with the window open to let the wind blow inside.

You could tell he was in a good mood, all because of her.

It took five minutes since he started to move the car when he felt a sudden wave of realization, causing him to hit the brakes and stop. His eyes went wide as he remembered.

"Shoot, her name. I forgot to ask her name."

"I forgot to tell him my name! He didn't tell me his either." At the same moment of realization but in different settings, Aera muttered, slapping her forehead.

━━━━━━━━━━

I'M HERE HELLO