- 𝐓𝐄𝐍

Third person.

"Oppa." The door of Heeseung's room creaked
open by a little girl, standing in the doorway.

"Haeun-ah, need anything?" Heeseung, who had just finished reviewing and needed a nap, raised a brow.

"Yes, I do." Haeun began jumping on his bed. Not that Heeseung minds.

"And?" Heeseung waited.

"Heeseung, I need you to bring your sister to the mall today." His mom came in just in time.

"Me? Why me?" Heeseung points at his chest with wide eyes.

"I have to go to my meeting right now and I can't take Haeun so, it's your job." She responded to her son with her eyebrows lifting.

"I'm meeting my friend there, mom's already allowing me to go. All I need is someone to look after me." The child crosses her arms, stretching her lips to smile at Heeseung.

"Just go with her. I'll leave some money for you as well." Their mom dismissed herself and left. Leaving the siblings behind, one smiling at the older triumphantly.

"Does the stare you're giving me means yes?" Haeun circles around her face. Heeseung sighed.

"Go and get dressed." Heeseung said against his will, but the girl already ran to her room before he could change his mind.

Haeun is quite clever for a seven-year-old. Sometimes, Heeseung wonders if it's a fortunate thing or not.

━━━━━

"You woke me up in the middle of my nap just so you could drag me to the mall?" A low grunt comes out of Aera as she loathingly walks with Jiwoo and Miyoung who, according to herself, forced her out of her bed and made her go with them for what she didn't expect will be a shopping spree.

"Because it's time for shopping, Aera! Dad gave us allowance we could spend to redecorate our dorm." Miyoung exclaimed in her ear, hurting her eardrums. She clutched the arm of her sister with a giddy smile, in contrast to Aera's grumpy face.

"Plus, we always need an extra bag holder." Jiwoo jested and laughed.

"I hate you. We could've gone another day." As much as Aera does love shopping as a form of therapy, today was just not the perfect day.

"I'll buy you one thing you want. Just zip your mouth because you've been complaining all day." Miyoung pleaded anything to make her shut up.

"Make that two and it's a deal." Aera smirked once Miyoung sighed giving in.

They lurked around the department store while impulsively putting items in the cart. They needed to get some stuff for Halloween, and clothes for the Autumn season.

As Aera continued to wander around, she heard faint whimpers of a child coming from the other side. She let it slide, thinking none of the worst cases possible. Small footsteps came closer but she ignored them until they spoke.

"Excuse me, miss?" The girl squeaked. Aera looked at her and around if anyone was with her, but it seems to be just the two of them. Not even Jiwoo or Miyoung is here, she must've separated herself from them without knowing.

"May I help you?" Aera asked.

"I um, I kinda... lost my way from my brother? I don't know where he is..." She calmly answered despite her tone shaking and frightened.