- 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Third person.

"Hyung, why do you need to learn Japanese?" Riki asks, finding it unusual how he ended up having a free milkshake with Heeseung after school when he's supposed to be in a study session at this current time.

Heeseung stops sipping on his drink and met the younger's inquisitive eyes.

"Where's your friend?" Heeseung swirls the straw in his drink.

"Will be here in a few minutes. My question?" Riki raises his eyebrow, questioning the guy in front of him.

"I'll tell you when I learn my first sentence. If you're too impatient, why don't you go ask my mom?" Heeseung gives a sarcastic response.

"Tch, I guess I won't be able to talk shit in my language in front of you anymore." Ni-ki asides, saying it in Japanese.

"What?" It's unfortunate that Heeseung doesn't understand yet, but it's an absolute relief for Riki.

"You have a lot to learn about. Maybe you should learn the cuss words first." Riki wryly smiled. Heeseung scoffs and threw a tissue at him.

A girl who walks into the entrance of the milk tea shop around caught their attention. Riki called her over to their table, as Heeseung looks at her nonchalantly and feels left out of the chat.

"Am I late? Sorry, I wasn't able to leave early to get here as soon as possible." The girl talks to Riki.

"Nah, you're good. Sumi, this is Heeseung hyung. And hyung, this is Sumi." Ni-ki formally introduced the two to each other.

"Tanaka Kasumi, I'm born in Japan. Everyone calls me Sumi instead. Nice to meet you, Heeseung-ssi?" Sumi, as mentioned, smiles widely and offers her hand for a shake.

"Lee Heeseung. And, likewise." Heeseung returns the smile with a tiny effort.

"Since you have met each other, I'm gonna head off to a group study now that I don't wanna go to if I'm being for real but I have to graduate so. Good luck!" Riki grabbed all his things and dashed away to the door, leaving his individual friends who are strangers to each other, one looking dumbfounded by his Japanese message.

"He said good luck." Sumi read the confusion painted on his face.

"Moving on, you want to learn how to speak Japanese, is that it?" Sumi goes straight to the point.

"That's right. Riki told me you're a language major and you teach Japanese in a high school for an internship so I thought you can help me go through it." Heeseung speaks up.

"Ah, well... don't mind me asking but why couldn't you have just taken a lesson from a professional? Cause I'm not, I'm a student too." Sumi asks ironically and chuckles awkwardly.

"I did think of it. I asked Riki if he knew of any class I can take but instead, he talked about you." Heeseung says and gets a simple nod.

"If you're thinking about payment, we can talk about it now." Heeseung put forth casually, causing Sumi to shake her head with hand gestures flusteredly.

"No, um, I don't really... know about that... B-but I'll gladly help you out and teach you!" Sumi stumbled on her words, declining his subtle proposal.

"I can't possibly just have you be my sort of teacher every week and not give you anything in return. We don't know each other yet." Heeseung says.