An Earnest Prayer

Nandini- I am telling you Shubhu. We will be doomed. Ram is falling in love with that girl. I can see it. 

Shubhu- Why does that bother you so much, Mom?

Nandini- What if Ram builds a new family and forgets all of us? What'll happen to you and Shivi? 

Shubhu- Come on, Mom. Nothing of that sort will happen. And Ram vai's already helping us to start our own business. Shivi has her own business. She's happy with it. I have my own business. You have your properties and shares. 

Nandini- Is that enough? Is that enough for the luxurious life you're living now? 

Shubhu- ...No, but.

Nandini- And I have plans, ok. I need Akshay to start a business. I need you to have a stable business. Ram can't forget his responsibilities. He can't drift away from you and Shivi. 

Shubhu- Oh! Come on, Mom. You are taking too much stress. Shivi is the apple of his eyes. They will never drift apart. 

Nandini- You don't get it. Stop talking to me. Did you see what happened to Vedika? She's still crying. Ram told her to get out. Can you believe it? 

Shubhu- Ram vai did the right thing. She's the one whom you should have sent away. She is the one who has an interest in Ram vai's money. Bloody freeloader!

Nandini- That I would do. But I need her now to drive away that Priya. 

Shubhu- Whatever! I don't get you. 

Shubhu left Nandini's room. Nandini sat in her room alone. She still couldn't believe what Vedika told her. Ram was so disgusted with her that he even left the house with Priya. Nandini could see clearly how Ram's world had started to revolve around Priya. She panicked. 

*

In the farmhouse, 

Ram took Priya to a bedroom. Priya entered the room and sat on the bed. 

Ram- Do you want something? 

Priya- Yes. Mujhe aap chahiye. Come, sit next to me. I wanna talk to you. 

Ram blushed listening to Priya. He looked at her pondering for a moment, "Is this really happening?" Then he sat next to her. 

Ram- I meant, do you want to eat something? You haven't had your dinner, right? 

Priya leaned on him resting her head on his shoulder. 

Priya- I don't know. Mr. Kapoor. I'm feeling dizzy. Everything is moving. 

Priya kept on blabbering about a lot of things. Ram couldn't understand half of them. He was struggling with his own emotions. His eyes were fixed on her. He felt a tingling sensation from Priya's touch. His fingers ached to stroke her skin. His lips were drawn to her. He wanted to nuzzle her hair. But he remembered her being drunk. So, he gulped down his feelings and looked ahead. 

Ram- You should eat something. Let me call Tarun. Ta...

He remembered this was not Kapoor mansion. There was no staff here for now. He realized he'd have to cook as Priya was in no position to cook. Though he was a foodie, he hardly knew how to cook. 

Ram- Umm... Priya. You must eat something. Let's go to the kitchen. Ok? Can you walk? Or will you wait here? 

Priya- I want to be with you. 

Ram smiled again shyly. 

"Bas, bas, itni bhi sweet maat bano. Aadat nahin hain na mujhe. I might get a heart attack." Ram thought to himself.