Helplessness

Four days passed by. 

After four days, Priya could sit on her own and talk properly. 

Four days after the fateful day, Ram and Priya sat facing each other alone. 

Ram noticed Priya wasn't looking into his eyes like she always did. On the other hand, he was dying to look into her eyes, to talk to her, to hold her...

He decided to break the silence. 

Ram- How are you feeling now?

Priya- I am fine. How are you? I hope you didn't get hurt.

Ram- How would I? You stood in front of me as my shield. 

Priya looked down remembering the day. She couldn't face Ram after what her father did. Ram saw tears trickling down her eyes. 

Ram- Are you crying? Please don't cry, Priya. Ek second. 

Ram took out a tissue from his pocket and sat on Priya's bed. He carefully wiped the tears. He got a closer look at his love. Her devastated face, and vulnerable state- made Ram sad. He couldn't control his emotions and hugged her. Priya broke down in his arms. 

Ram- Priya, tum ro maat

Ram- Priya, tum ro maat. Naraj reh lo mujhse. Naraj ho na mujhse? 

Priya- Mein aapse naraj kiu hongi?

Ram- Because I left you alone to go to the police station. If I hadn't gone, none of this would happen. I'm sorry, Priya. 

Priya- Please, don't say sorry. You have done nothing wrong. It's... It was my fate. 

Ram- Why are you saying so? And please stop these tears. You just had brain surgery. Please don't exert any pressure on your brain. Let me wipe those tears. Look, even today I have a tissue. Whenever you cry, I find a tissue in my pocket. Sometimes I think I should name myself, "Ram Tissue Kapoor."

Priya gave a faint smile listening to him. 

Ram- By the way, sorry I didn't ask before hugging you. I should have.

Priya- Mr. Kapoor, I am here because of you. Aapka mujh pe ehsaan hain.

Ram- What are you saying Priya? Aapne biwi ke liye kuch karna- usse ehsaan kehte hain? I know you are a fighter. You are strong. But when I saw you there in that state, my world stopped. 

Priya- I remember everything you were telling me. 

Ram took a moment to realize what Priya was saying. 

Priya- You were calling my name. You were telling me to wake up. Perhaps that's why I am still alive, Mr Kapoor. I remember everything. 

"Everything? Even the "I love you" I said? Did she hear that? Does she remember it?" Ram thought in his mind.