Without You

Ram was excitedly waiting for the report. He was pacing around the room. The isolation had started to feel suffocating. All he could think of was seeing Priya. He was making plans as to how to surprise her. 

Priya was restless too. She had prayed to God countless times in those two days. When the day came, Priya kept texting Ram asking if he got the report. 

Ram had decided to ignore all of her texts. But Priya's impatience only grew. Priya called him. Ram had to pick up the call. He assured her that he'll call her once he got the report. Being assured, Priya started her day at her varsity. Physically she was in the varsity, but her mind was with Ram for the whole day. 

In the afternoon, Priya was trying to get an auto when she noticed Ram across the road. At first, she couldn't believe her eyes. But then Ram waved his hands. And after that, it didn't take her a second to run. Ram watched her astonishingly. Priya ran to him and grabbed his arms. Ram was ready to reciprocate a hug from her but to his disappointment, Priya didn't hug him. 

Priya- You are here! You are really here! Report? 

Ram- They were scared, the virus, when they knew they had met Priya's husband. 

Ram attempted to crack a joke while handing the report to Priya. 

Priya- Kuch bhi, Mr. Kapoor. 

Priya replied in an annoyed tone while reading the report.

Ram- By the way, for a second I thought you'd hug me. 

Priya- I don't hug anyone. 

Ram- No I mean, you don't even run like this for anyone, but did it anyway. So, my hope got higher.

Ram chuckled. Priya felt shy. She tried to avert the topic.  

Priya- Let's go home. Everyone must be waiting for you. 

Ram and Priya went home together. Adi was there to meet Priya for some work. As soon as he saw Ram, he ran to him and hugged him. One by one, Shubhu, Nandini everybody hugged Ram. Vedika was about to hug Ram but Adi handed her his phone. He requested her to take a photo of the family on this joyous occasion. Vedika took a photo with a sour face. 

While Vedika was capturing a family photo, Adi was busy capturing another photo. For the first time, neither he nor Bri had to guide Ram on how to pose with Priya. He kept his hand on her shoulder. And Priya wasn't awkward about it. Adi captured the moment and sent it to Bri right away. 

"Baby, iss baar without instruction!", Adi texted Bri

"What?! And Ram is back??" Bri replied. 

Adi was about to send another text when Bri called Ram. Ram picked up the call. Bri asked about the test report first then she started to scold him for scaring everyone. In the midst of this chaos, Vedika was searching for a scope to talk to Ram. But couldn't find any. Soon Shivi came to Kapoor Mansion. Priya had informed her before anyone else. Shivi ran to Ram screaming and hugged him. She hold Ram and Priya's hands and took them to their room claiming she had a lot of gossip to share.