Quiescence

Ram- Priya? 

Priya- Hmm? 

Ram- Did you hear that?

Priya- What? 

Priya knitted her brows not understanding what Ram was talking about. She broke the hug. 

Priya- What? 

Ram- The thunder!

Priya looked outside through their balcony. The sun had hidden himself behind dark grey clouds. After a few seconds, she heard a distant rumbling. 

Priya- Uff, ye bin mausam ke baarish.

Ram- Uff, Ye bin mausam ke baarish!! 

Both said the exact same words but with expressions that are poles apart. Priya looked at her husband who was elated already. She remembered seeing him drenching in the rain for the first time. He had the exact same smile. The greenish color of his eyes intensified. He walked towards the balcony. A gentle breeze started to blow with a promise of an imminent union between sky and land. 

Ram stretched out his hand to touch the first raindrops. The gentle breeze brushed his fingers instead. Priya walked toward him, being mesmerized by his love for rain. She stood beside him. Her eyes were fixed on him. 

He looked at her with a mischievous smile and called her name. 

Ram- Priya? 

Priya- Hmm? 

Ram- Do you remember this coupon? 

A coupon came out of his pocket. Priya looked at it. 

"Barsaat ki ek din mere saath." 

She read the words on the coupon with knitted brows. And replied a no with a straight face. 

Ram- You promised, Priya. Look, "Priya ke wadein." "Validity 3 months."

Priya- Ha paar... Mr. Kapoor, This is untimely rain. It is really bad for your health. 

Ram- No, Priya, nothing like that will happen. I will take preventive medicines. 

Priya- Consuming so much medicines should not be an option. That too unprescribed ones. 

Ram- But I love rain!! Achha, cholo, I'll go to the doctor. Please please, please say yes.

Priya- What did you say? You'll go to the doctors? 

Ram- Ha. 

Priya- And you will take prescribed medicines only? 

Ram- I didn't say that. 

Priya- Then no rain date in spring. 

Ram- Priya yaar... Then when? 

Priya- When the monsoon comes, we will see. 

Ram- But it's after so many months. 

Priya- Patience, Mr. Kapoor, patience.

Ram- Par kya pata, kaal ho na ho...

Priya- Hmm, kaafi filmy. Let's go inside. 

Ram- No. 

Priya- Same to you. No. 

Priya went inside leaving a frustrated Ram on balcony. He followed her after a few seconds. 

Ram- Achha, cholo thik hain. I'll go to the doctor, and take prescribed medicines only. Will you be kind enough to go on a rain date then? 

Priya hid a smile from him. She was trying to decrease Ram's medicine intake for a long time.