Lena hoga janam humein...

"Phoolon ke rang se Dil ki kalam se Tujhko likhi roz paati
Kaise batau kis kis tarah se Pal pal mujhe tu satati
Tere hi sapne lekar ke soya 
Teri hi yaadon me jaga

Tere khyaal o me uljha raha yun jaise ki mala me dhaga 

Baadal bijli chandan paani jaisa apna pyaar
Lena hoga janam humein kai kai bar
Itna madeer itna madhur tera mera pyaar 
Lena hoga janam humein kai kai bar"

Ram was singing along with the record playing in his car. He was struggling to hold the excitement in him. After about 3 days, he was going to see his Priya. He checked the time. The clock was about to strike 8:30. 

"Priya's bus must be coming." Ram thought to himself. Though the bus was scheduled to arrive at 9, Ram decided to go there before half an hour.

He arrived at his destination right on 8:30. He came out of the car and stood there leaning on his car. His eyes were fixed on the road. Road, which had promised to bring his Priya to him.

About 10 mins past 9, Ram heard a honk. The buses were returning to the campus. Ram's eyes widened, a smile appeared on his face. He straightened himself and waited patiently. 

After the students' departure Priya peeked from the bus. Her eyes searched for something or someone though she was prepared to go home alone. She was so determined to go home alone that she had strictly forbade Ram to pick her up. But still her gaze wandered the place and soon fell upon a waving hand and broad smile. 

Priya let out a sigh and nodded in frustration. 

"I told him not to bother. He must have been standing there for at least half an hour leaving all his of his works", she thought to herself. But at the same time she was struggling to conceal the smile that was threatening to appear on her face. She took her bags and get down from the bus. Ram waited for her standing on the same place. Priya walked to him, away from everyone's eyes. 

Priya- Didn't I forbid you? 

Ram- Welcome home. 

Ram said forwarding a rose to her. Priya took it with a smile.

Priya- You never listen to me. 

No extensive words of burning desire or longing love were exchanged. Instead they just looked at each other's smiles. Ram took her baggage and opened the car door from her. Priya get into the car. They embarked on their journey together. 

.
.
.

Ram- How was your journey? 

Ram asked sitting on the bed. Priya smiled and walked to him with a packet in her hand.

Priya- Move your legs forward. 

Ram- Why?

Priya- Do it first. 

Ram moved his legs forward with a bit of confusion. Priya took out a pair of Kolhapuris chappal.

Ram- Wow! Is it for me? 

Priya- [smiling] Hmm.

Ram- These are beautiful. 

Ram spoke while wearing those. He stood up and walked around the room. 

Ram- And it fits perfectly! Thank you!

Priya- Do you like it?

Ram- A lot! I have always wanted to wear these. Finally my feet can breath. Wearing shoes everyday is exhausting. Thank you, Priya.

Priya- Mr. Kapoor, Now you are forgetting your own rules. Dosti mein no sorry, no thank you. 

Ram- And you are forgetting your own promise.