Rain & Coat

The next day Ram went with Priya to meet Advocate Aarohi Gupta for legal advice. It took them a lot of time. After the meeting, Ram and Priya came out of her chamber. They were talking about further proceedings. Suddenly it started to rain. 

Priya became disappointed and Ram was delighted. 

Priya hurriedly searched her bag for her raincoat

Priya hurriedly searched her bag for her raincoat. But she couldn't find it. 

Ram- Baarish! I love rain. 

Priya- I hate rain. And for the first time, I'd forgotten to bring my raincoat. Oh, God. I didn't even bring my umbrella. 

Ram noticed her disappointment. He took his coat off and held it over Priya's head. 

It was a completely unexpected gesture. Priya looked at Ram. He himself was getting drenched in rain. He was enjoying it. His eyes were gazing upon the cloud. A smile adorned his face spreading ear to ear. Sometimes he was closing his eyes and feeling the rain against his skin. She wondered what was he thinking as he tilted his head back, letting rain wash over her. She wondered how can a person love the rain so much. He was not even enjoying it staying away from it. He was in the rain, getting drenched, splattering mud with his leg. 

Priya went into a trance. Partly due to the astonishment from knowing this man, this weird man. Partly due to the fragrance of him. For the first time, she could smell his perfume up close. She felt overwhelmed. She couldn't help but take a deep breath, trying to capture as much of the intoxicating aroma as she could. At that moment, she was completely captivated by the scent and those eyes of Ram that glistened in the joy of touching raindrops. 

After a few moments, Ram looked at Priya. As he watched her, raindrops trickled down her face leaving trails of moisture on her skin. Her chocolate brown eyes were fixed upon him. The depth of her eyes revealed itself for the first time in front of him. Before Ram could relish the moment, Priya looked in another direction. 

Priya- We should walk to the car. The rain is getting heavier. 

Ram- Yes of course. Otherwise, the papers will get drenched.