By My Side

Adi- Ram yaar, this media is after us. The news has spread everywhere. Many business partners want to cut ties with us. 

Ram- Tch. Now how should we control the damage? 

Vikrant- No idea, yaar. 

Kunal- Look at these comments. Several people are sharing these pics online. Aur kya kya adjectives mil rahe hain Ram ko. 

Ram- Yaar, call our IT dept. Tell them to remove everything from online. 

Kunal- Can't do that. The situation will go out of hand. Everyone is quite sensitive about freedom of speech now. They will say we are rich, so we can do whatever we want. 

Four friends were on the verge of ripping their hair off in Ram's cabin. Bri entered to see four frustrated souls. Ram was spinning on his chair and eating cupcakes. Kunal was scrolling the IG like a lunatic. Adi and Vikrant were lying on the couch. Bri walked into the cabin and stood in front of Ram. 

Bri- Happy now? I was telling you. If you have Vedika around you, these will keep happening. 

Ram- Don't blame me alone, ok? Priya also wanted Vedika to stay with us. Kaal to mujhe abla naari, domestic violence, aur safe space pe lecture suna diya. 

Bri- Don't you dare blame it on her.

Ram- I am not. I just telling you it was a mutual decision. 

Bri- Mutual stupid decision. You two are made for each other. Equally stupid and equally easy to manipulate emotionally. 

Bri dropped herself on the chair. Ram pondered on Bri's words. 

"Is this really all Vedika's doing?"Ram thought. 

Ram- Vikrant?

Vikrant- Ha?

Ram- You have friends in the press, right? 

Vikrant- Ha. 

Ram- I want to know who did this. 

Vikrant- Ok, I'm on it. 

Bri- I have an idea. The press will solve our problem. 

Ram- How? 

Bi- You and Priya have to attend a little interview. That's it. You should directly talk to the press and the people. We have nothing to hide, right? Why not clear it out? 

Adi- That's a great idea. Baby, you are a genius!

Bri- That I am. 

All of them were busy planning the interview and finding out who was behind it when Priya knocked on the door. 

Ram- Priya, come in. You don't need to knock. 

Priya- Any progress?

Ram- Bri has an idea. 

Bri- Yes, listen, Priya, you should talk to the media. 

Priya- Mein? 

Priya hesitated. 

Bri- Yes. You and Ram. If you give an interview. Everyone will know the truth and stop putting these nasty allegations. 

Priya- Ok. If that works I am in. 

Ram's friends became happy. They became busy arranging everything. Ram felt grateful. He stood near Priya and whispered a "thank you". Priya smiled.

*

A journalist, Rajni, known for her ruthlessness was waiting to start the interview. Ram and Priya sat in front of her. Ram looked at Priya to see if she was nervous as this was her first time giving an interview. But she was looking cool, calm, and composed as always.