Venus & Pluto

"Kabhi kabhi mere dil me ye khyaal aata hain
Ke jaise tujhko banaya gaya hain mere liye."

Priya was humming the tune softly while calculating monthly expenses in the bakery.

Sara turned to see her sister. Her jaw dropped to see her sister humming. She walked up to her and stood behind her. 

"Ke jaise tu mujhe chahegi umro var yuhi
Uthegi meri taraf hmm hmm hmm"

Priya hummed the tune having forgotten the lyrics. 

"Mein janta hun ki tu gair hain
Magar yu hi
Kabhi kabhi mere dil me khyaal aata hain"

Sara sang out loud after her sister. Priya was startled by the sudden sing-along activity of her sister. 

Priya- Saradi! You scared me. 

Sara- And you scared me! Where and how did you learn this song? And please pinch me. Priya's humming! How did that happen?

Priya was in no situation to deny her sister's claim to have heard her humming. She also didn't know how to cover up for herself. She just stood there with blushed puffy cheeks.

Sara chose not to tease her anymore. What if she had shut herself up again? Sara took a little bit of kohl from her eyes and put it on Priya. 

Sara- Please, always be happy like this. I'm so glad that you are back to being the old Priya. The little one. I can't tell you how happy I am. Teri aur Ram ki khushion ko kisi ki nazar na laage.

 Priya- [Smiling] Even I pray the same thing every day Sara di. Everything is going so smoothly! This has never happened before. Sara di, I wanted to tell you something. I applied for the PhD program again. 

Sara- What!! Really? 

Priya nodded. Sara took her in a hug while crying. 

Sara- Thank you so much, Priya, thank you so much. I can't explain how relieved I feel. I've always felt so guilty to be an obstacle for you. Thank you, Priya. 

Priya- Not me, you should thank Mr. Kapoor. He forced me to pursue my dream once again. 

Sara- Ram did this! I always knew Ram was perfect for you. Ram deserves a huge thanks for this. He did what none of us could do. By the way, why didn't you listen to us when we told you to apply? You could easily do it after things were a bit sorted. 

Priya didn't want to burden her sister with the knowledge that she hadn't left them to support them. So, she changed the topic. 

Priya- Forget all that now. How will you thank Mr. Kapoor? 

Sara- With cupcakes! Aur kya. He loves chocolate cupcakes, no? 

Priya- He adores them. 

Sara- So, I am going to make a bunch of chocolate cupcakes for him. And for you a cup of hot chocolate and brownies. I know you love them. 

Priya- Sara di, you don't need to take bother for me at all. 

Sara- What bother, Priya? Today's such a happy day! We need to celebrate. Sit here quietly. I'll make a fresh batch of brownies for you. And call maa. She's gonna be so happy.

Priya- Nope. I'll go home and inform her. 

Sara- Ok, as you wish. 

In their little kitchen, the warm aroma of chocolate and freshly baked goods hung in the air, creating an atmosphere of anticipation and comfort.

Sara with a gentle smile and years of baking experience, was bustling about the kitchen, her apron lightly dusted with cocoa. Priya sat with childlike eagerness, her eyes sparkling with anticipation, her mouth already watering in anticipation of the delicious brownies she knew her sister was crafting. She loved the brownies Sara made. But she never told her. She knew her sister. If she had told her. She would often take the trouble to feed her the brownies she loved so dearly.