My Wife

Ram made Priya sit on a bench. 

Ram- Let me see your feet. 

Priya- What are you doing, Mr. Kapoor? I'm fine. 

Ram- I also said I'm fine for thousand times. Did you listen? No. So, I am not going to listen now. If you can exercise your right on me, I can do that too. If you are my wife, I am also your husband. I have my rights on you. 

Ram knelt down and checked Priya's feet. Her feet became all red from walking barefoot. Ram scrunched his eyebrows imagining the pain she must be feeling. 

On the other hand, Priya was flushed. For the first time, Ram had pronounced themselves as husband and wife, not as friends. The talk about rights and forcefully checking on her- all these acts of Ram were new to Priya. 

Ram- Kya haal kar liya aapna?

Ram's voice broke her stupor. Ram spoke while rubbing his hands with hand sanitizer. Then he sat beside her. 

Ram- Shall we order some tea?

Priya- Ok. 

A boy came with two cups of tea. Ram was about to take a sip when Priya stopped him. 

Priya- Ek minute. Take this. You don't like having just the tea. Have some bun-maska with it. 

Ram took it from her hand. 

Ram- By the way, Adi had to go to an urgent meeting. So, the driver is coming in another car. By the way, how do you eat this? I mean, there must be a style. It's not going into the cup.

Priya- [smiling] Give it to me. 

Priya tore the bun and gave it to him

Ram- Oo. It was that easy. Sometimes my mind just goes blank. Oh my God! It's tasty. Eat it. 

Ram held the tea-soaked bun in front of Priya's mouth.

Priya- Thank you. You eat that. I have my own. 

Ram- Can't I feed you? You were doing that yesterday. Did I say thank you and moved away? 

Priya couldn't tell anything against the weird logic. She ate from Ram's hand. Ram smiled. They kept eating. 

*

In Kapoor Mansion, Nandini was freaking out. Ram and Priya's innocent laughter was haunting her from yesterday. She thought to invite Neeraj to the veneration. She called Maitri and invited her and Neeraj. She also called Vedika and informed her about Ram's health. 

*

Priya and Ram reached home soon. As soon as they reached home they started arguing about who should help whom to walk and who should hold the bags and files. Tarun ran to them and took the bag, files, and the aarti thala from them. Ram held Priya's hand and walked towards the front door.