A Budding Feeling

Ram and Priya talked about their days at dinner. It was becoming a new ritual in their relationship. At first, Priya was hesitant. But Ram coaxed her a lot. Finally, she had started to open up to Ram. 

Ram listened to her with a smile plastered on his face. He enjoyed these moments, this newfound freedom from his lonely nights, and a dinner table with pin-drop silence.

Though, Priya's stories were not the most interesting ones. She mostly complained about her day and her students. 

Priya- I was astonished to see their behavior. This generation I tell you, Mr. Kapoor. A whole group of 5-6 students was just sleeping. I woke them up and asked why were they behaving like this. Do you know what did they answer?

Ram- What? 

Priya- That they were busy wandering last night. So, they need and deserve sleep. For their mental and physical betterment. 

Ram- Really?

Priya- Can you believe it? 

Ram- Where were they wandering by the way?

Priya- Juhu beach. According to them, Juhu Beach at night was an unmissable event. 

Ram- That's true.

Priya- Aap unn logon ka side le rahe hain? 

Ram- Nahiii, I mean. What happened next? 

Priya- I congratulated them and let them have their well-deserved sleep... in the student's common room.

Ram- You removed them from the class? 

Priya- What else should I have done? Takiya laake deti kya? 

Ram- [chuckled] Of course not. 

After dinner, Ram and Priya went to their bedroom. Ram checked the time. It was 9'O clock. They had an early dinner that night. A plan crossed Ram's mind. He mustered some courage to keep the proposal before Priya. 

Ram- Priya.

Priya- Ha?

 Ram- Have you ever wandered at night?

Priya- No, I was never that jobless. 

Ram- I mean... 

Without finishing his words, Ram kept looking at her. Priya was reading a book. But feeling his gaze she also anticipated something and looked at him. 

Priya- No

Priya- No.

Ram- Takiya kalam hain kya ye tumhari? Takiya leke so jaati ho. "No, no" wali takiya. Sun lo pehle. 

Priya- Achha, bataiye. 

Ram- Wo, car hain bahar, and the rain has stopped too. I can drive ourselves to Juhu. The driver doesn't need to be pestered. It's only 9'O clock. 2 hours trip won't hurt your sleeping cycle. And...