Protect

It felt like a dream.

To have her in his arms.

To kiss her on the cheeks.

To nuzzle into her soft hair and caress the hair.

Everything felt like a dream to Ram. His happiness knew no bounds to know that Priya accepted him. He spoke while still being in the embrace.

Ram- By the way, I brought a gift for you for the rose day. But I was afraid to give it to you. 

Priya scrunched her eyebrows and broke the hug. 

Priya- Aap aise darte kiu hain mujhse? Mein aapko kha jaungi kya? 

Ram- Nahi, kha nahi jaogi. Par data to khilaogi mujhe.

Priya- You always act like I scold you so much!

Ram- Ha to. What are you doing now? Ye data nahi to aur kya hain. 

Priya- Ye ladai hain. Jo aapne shuru ki.

Ram- Mein? Kaha? Mein to gift dene ki baat kar raha tha.

Priya- To dijiye na. Aap lad kiu rahe hain mujhse? 

Ram- Ok, ok. Ek second.

Ram ran and brought the gift. He made Priya sit on the bed and showed her the roses. She took the gift from his hand. 

Priya- This?

Ram- The roses you gave me for the first time. I want to keep them for the rest of our lives. These are precious to me. 

Priya looked at the gift without saying anything. Ram waited for a reaction from her. Suddenly he saw two huge drops of tears falling on the frame.

Ram- Priya, tum ro rahi ho?

Ram knelt down before her to see if she was crying. Priya tried to hide her tears but failed terribly. 

Ram kept the frame aside and held her hands.

Ram- What happened, Priya? 

Priya- Nothing. 

Ram- Take all the time you need but I wanna know. You have to tell me. 

Priya kept quiet for a moment to gather herself and then spoke. 

Priya- Aapne mere liye kitna kuch kiya. Aur mein... Do I even deserve this? 

Ram- Priya, kya keh rahi ho? Sun bhi rahi ho kya khud ko? You deserve the world, my love. 

"My love!" Priya looked up hearing those two words. Her eyes lit up. 

Ram- You gave me a new life! And I am so grateful for this! You became a friend to me, you made this mansion a home for me. Thanks to you, I don't feel lonely anymore. This mansion feels like a home now. I think about you all day long. I look forward to our dinner time. Our conversations. I don't take as many pills as before. Before meeting you I had this insatiable craving for food. I ate so much but never felt full. Your mere presence makes every morsel so much more fulfilling. Priya, I probably can't tell it properly, that's why you always feel so unsure of this- our relationship. But it is the truth when I tell it- I'll never let you go. I can't lose you. I'll die if you ever leave me. 

Priya- Mr. Kapoor! What are you saying? 

Ram- How else should I show you the truth, tell me. How else will I make you understand what you are to me? How else should I tell you how much I depend on you? 

Both of them looked at each other before hugging each other once again. Their moment was broken by a knock on the door. It was Nandini. 

Ram opened the door in a hurry. 

Nandini- Can I come in?

Ram- Of course. Do you even need to ask? It's your home. 

Nandini- Actually, I came to ask you two something. 

Ram- Ji mom?

Nandini- Wo, Ram, I was missing Shivi for the past few days. Can I ask Shivi and Akshay to come and stay here with us for a few days? If you two don't have any problems. 

Ram- Mom, kaisi baatein kar rahe hain aap. Why do you need to ask me? It's your house. It's Shivi's house too. 

Nandini- But firstly it belongs to you and Priya. I need to ask for your permission. 

Priya felt irritated listening to Nandini. She didn't like the way Ram's family behaved with him- always making him feel guilty.

Priya- Aap ye kaise baatein kar rahe hain, mom?

Ram- Ha, Mom. Did we do something wrong to make you feel this way?

Nandini- No, I mean, not at all. It is what it is. 

Priya- And it is your house first. You are our guardian. We are your children. It is you who should take all the decisions in the house and protect us.

Priya emphasized the word "protect". Nandini looked at Priya with a fake smile on her face. She somewhat understood what was the thing Priya told her to protect. 

"You have started to care for Ram. Good. But Priya, Priya, are you trying to see through me? That won't do you any good." Nandini thought in her mind.

Ram agreed with Priya. 

Ram- Priya is right, mom. It is your house. You'll take all the decisions. And we will happily oblige. Please don't say things like this again. 

Nandini- Ok, ok. Sorry. I've done a huge mistake. I won't do it once again. Now come and have breakfast. You need to leave work, don't you. 

Nandini walked to the dining hall. Ram and Priya followed her. 

"You two have just done a huge mistake. Now just wait and watch, Priya how I separate Akshay for the sood family and you from my family. Your bond with your brother will break. You won't be able to protect it. Nor will you be able to protect Ram and his money." 

Nandini smirked while thinking so.