Promise

Ram stayed with Shivi until the party ended. Priya found it a bit odd to see Ram standing with a guilty-looking Shivi, without having food. But she didn't ask him anything. After the party, Soods bade goodbye.

Everyone gathered in Shivi's room after the party. Shivi sat on the bed holding Ram's hand, slightly hiding behind Ram. Shubhu stood leaning on the door. Mama and mami sat on the sofa.

Nandini was walking across the room fuming in anger. 

Nandini- I can't believe it Shivi. Such a big lie? What? What did you think of before telling so? 

Shivi kept quiet. 

Nandini- I want an answer Shivi. Answer me. 

Ram- Mom, please calm down. She's scared. Shivi, tell me baccha, why did you do it? 

Shivi- I was scared. If you cancel the wedding that's why. 

Nandini- Does he know about your secret?

Shivi- No. Nobody else knows this. 

Nandini- I can't believe this girl. You didn't even bother to think about your brother. What'd happen if this had leaked out? 

Ram- Mom, I...

Nandini- What'd happen to Shubhu? How'd he face society? What about me? 

Ram keeps quiet. He had almost forgotten that he comes last in this family. 

Shivi- Why should I care about Shubhu? He never thought about me. What'd happen to me without Akki? How'd I live with someone else? Has anyone thought that? Why should I care? 

Nandini- Shivi!

Nandini proceeds to slap her. Ram makes her hide behind himself. 

Ram- Mom, please let it go. Whatever happened it happened. Soon they are going to be married. Shivi, apologize to mom. 

Shivi- Sorry. 

Nandini- Ram, just think about the headache she gave us. 

Shivi- I was scared of losing Akki. 

Ram- You won't lose him, I promise. But don't do such a thing in the future. You have your brother. Anything you need, you just need to tell me. Promise me, Shivi, you'll never lie to me. Promise me that. 

Shivi- I promise, vai. I'll never lie to you. 

Ram- Not once, not in any circumstances, ok? 

Shivi- Ok. I promise. 

Ram kisses Shivi's forehead and hugs her. He takes everyone out of her room. 

.
.
.

Priya was pacing in her room. Something felt off to her about Shivi. She thought about asking Ram about it. But she didn't want to interfere in their family matter. After some time she picked up the phone and texted Ram. 

"Did you eat?"

"Yeah. Sorry, I couldn't eat with you."

"It's okay."

Priya looked at the screen not knowing how to ask about it or what to say after it. 

"Actually, there was a problem. Turns out, Shivi's not pregnant."

 Priya got shocked too. She became confused about what to say. On the other side, Ram was expecting a text from her. After waiting for some time, Ram decided to call her. As soon as he called, Priya picked up the call. 

Priya- Hello. 

Ram- Hello. Hi.

Priya- ...

Ram- So shocking right?