Midnight sky

On the day of Sangeet, Ram met some clients over lunch in a restaurant. As the meeting ended and the clients took their leave Shashi and Vedika Walked to Ram. 

Shashi- Hello, Ram. 

Ram- Hello, Shashi. 

Shashi- I haven't seen you since the party. How are you?

Ram- Fine. How are you two?

Shashi- Fine. Vedika was just remembering you and look at the coincidence. What connection, ha.

Ram gave an awkward smile not knowing how to reply. While Shashi looked at him with a crooked smile exulting in twisted satisfaction. 

Shashi- Come, have lunch with us. 

Ram- Thank you. But I just had my lunch with my clients. 

Shashi- Since when are you saying no to food? Perhaps my invitation isn't enough, Perhaps if Vedika invites...

Ram- Not at all Shashi. Vedika and you are the same for me. 

Shashi- But still, Vedika should say something. Darling, I am doing all the talking. Please invite him to join. 

Vedika- Ha, Ram, join us. 

Ram- No, thank you. I really have to go. 

Shashi was about to taunt him some more. But his eyes fell on a ring on Ram's finger which he was fidgeting. 

Shashi- Ram, what am I seeing? A ring on your ring finger!

Ram- Oo, ha. I got engaged yesterday. 

Shashi and Vedika were shocked to hear this news. Vedika couldn't believe her ears. Ram is moving on!

Vedika- Wow!... Who's the girl? 

Shashi- Yeah, congratulations Ram. But who's the lucky girl to capture the most eligible bachelor? 

Ram- Priya, Priya Sood. She's a professor. 

Shashi- Getting hitched to a professor. Not bad. You didn't invite us, Ram.

Ram- She wanted an intimate ceremony with families only.

Vedika- So, you didn't even invite Adi.

Ram- Do I even need to invite him? He came to my home helped me to get ready and took me to Priya. 

Ram replied smiling. In his mind, he thought, "I couldn't invite you. It's better for me to move away from your life. So that you can live happily with Shashi."

Shashi- So, are we at least getting an invitation to attend your wedding? 

Ram had no intention to invite them as this would make everything awkward. But couldn't say no to Shashi. 

Ram- Yes, of course. A card for the Babbars is ready. 

They bid each other goodbye. While leaving the restaurant, Ram thought to inform Priya about Vedika. 

.
.
.

Before the Sangeet, Bri went to Sood house to give Priya the outfit they had chosen for her. 

Priya opened the door for her. As Bri entered the house, she found Akki and Sandy dancing in joy. Maitri had put a face mask on her face and Akki was pestering her. Meera and mami were working in the kitchen. Sara and mama were busy distributing gajra to everyone. 

 She greeted everyone. She put the lehenga on the sofa and went to the kitchen to hug Meera. 

Bri- Namaste, how are you, auntie? 

Meera- I am fine. How are you? 

Bri- I am fine. Wow, you are making tea! Ginger tea? 

Meera- Yeah. 

Bri- I am such a fan of your ginger tea. Can I have a cup? 

Meera- Of course. 

Bri then went to Priya. She hold her hands and made her sit on the sofa. 

Bri- Priya, I can't explain how happy we are. Thank you so much for accepting Ram. After uncle's death, he became all alone, and then the breakup. He was shattered. Ram hides his pain behind his smile. But now you are in his life. You are so special to us, Priya. We will love you just as we love Ram. You will always have us by your side, always. Promise. 

Priya- Thank you, Bri. 

Bri- Achha, now look at this. Your Shivi's favorite- the midnight blue lehenga. I hope you like it. Do you like it? I've tried to choose the soberest lehenga. I've wandered in so many shops to find this. I know you like simple things. Ram told us. You don't hate it, na? 

Bri anxiously showed the lehenga to Priya and waited for her approval. 

Priya- It is beautiful. Thank you for putting in so much effort for me. 

Bri- You are our Ram's wife. We will do anything for you. 

Bri hugged Priya. After having Meera's tea and praising it for thousand times Bri left Sood house. 

.
.
.

Today Kapoor mansion is in a vibrant mode. Ram is running here and there to check all the preparations. Tarun is following him everywhere. Shivi is throwing tantrums while getting ready. The excitement in the house is palpable. Guests are coming.

In the midst of busyness, Ram is checking if Akki and others have come or not. 

His gang comes to him and prepares him for the occasion. They gift him a midnight blue Nehru coat with an intricate design and kurta-pajama to go with it. 

As Ram gets ready and settles down after all the hectic work his eyes fall on the door, on Priya. He has never seen her in a lehenga before. She looks ethereal in that dress. Her hair is open, and her eyes are adorned with kohl. A simple necklace increased her radiance. 

"She looks like the moon in the midnight sky." He thinks.

"Her dark brown hair looks so pretty. They must be soft like silk. And her skin... Stop, Ram. Stop. What has gotten into you? What is this creepy behavior? Not cool, ok. You never behaved like this. Why now?"

Ram scolds himself mentally as he remembers the day he had gotten all warm and red just by being near her, watching her dripping hair and butter-like skin. 

He tries to act normal and proceeds to welcome them. Nandini also welcomes them. Shivi comes down and walks to Priya. 

Shivi- Pri di, you look so pretty!

Akki- Pri di always looks pretty. My Pri di is the prettiest. 

Shivi- Yeah. And Ram vai, my Ram is the most handsome. 

Akki- And they look so cute together. 

Shivi- Because it was my idea. Thank me. 

Akki- Thank you, baby. 

Shivi and Akki hug each other and go to join the others leaving Ram and Priya together.