Tears

Sara was trying to stay busy with non-existent work. She was running here and there. She was trying her best to avoid something until she couldn't. She had to face the fact in the end, the fact that made her both extremely happy and devastatingly sad. 

Her little sister is going to bid her goodbye. 

It gave her immense pleasure that finally Priya is getting married. But she didn't know how to part from her. 

Sara still remembers the day when she met Priya for the first time. She was with her nani in their home, eagerly waiting to meet her sibling. She had fallen asleep while waiting. Her nani woke her up to meet her sister. 

She tiptoed into the room not wanting to disturb her little sister. As she gazed down at the tiny bundle in her mother's arm, her heart was overwhelmed with joy and astonishment. 

Such a tiny sister!

For the rest of the day, she was glued to her sister. Even for the next day, for the day after that. 

For the rest of their life until now. 

Sara had 2 more sisters after Priya. But her bond with Priya was something else. Priya was the first child she ever saw, ever held, and ever cared for. Life gave them a lot of time to spend together. But Sara couldn't have enough of it. 

That tiny bundle is all grown up. Today she is getting married. Whenever Sara is looking at her little sister cladded in red Benarasi, her eyes are welling up. Still, she tried to elevate her mood, make her take pictures, and tend to her every need. 

But as the moment of her departure came closer. She found it hard to hold back the tears. 

Sara tried hard not to cry. But when Priya hugged her and called her by her name, Sara couldn't hold back her tears anymore. 

Sara hugged her tightly and sobbed. 

Sara- I am so happy, Priya. Finally, you're married. I am so happy. I love you... I love you... Tujhe duniya ki haar khushi mile. 

Akki, Maitri, and Sandy all hugged them both. Meera was crying too. Mami held her tight. After a few moments, Meera wiped her tears and walked toward Nandini. To ask her permission to take Ram and Priya to Sood house for attending a puja before they went to Kapoor mansion. Nandini agrees.

Priya turns to Sandy. 

Priya- Sandy, this zoo is now your responsibility. 

Sandy- [Sobbing] Yes di, aap ki hukum ki taamil hogi di. 

Sandy hugs her and whispers, "I'll miss you, di."

Priya sits in the car to find Ram wiping his tears. Priya finds it weird. She has seen him telling bad jokes, getting all hyped up and tensed, getting anxious, and getting enraged but this was new to her. 

Priya- Mr. Kapoor, are you crying? 

Ram- hmm.

Priya- But you are not leaving your family. We are going to your house after a few hours. 

Ram- Ever heard of empathy, Priya? You talk about woman empowerment. Is this how you are going to eradicate patriarchy?

Priya- But why are you crying? 

Ram- Everyone is crying, Priya. So I... I am not made of stone. I have empathy. I couldn't...

Priya- Ok, ok... I can't even crack bad jokes like you to elevate your mood. But... here take some tissue. 

Ram- Thank you... Stop, Ram, stop. 

Priya finds another piece of the puzzle that Mr. Kapoor is to her. There were many times when Priya had this thought that everything Ram does or every emotion he shows is a facade. It is a common thought of hers about all the men in the world. 

"But these tears... They are real, right?", Priya thinks to herself, "It will probably take me ages to understand you, Mr. Kapoor."