85

Grian's Pov

I was sitting with my back facing a tree and watching the stars above me through the leaves, unsure of what I'm feeling.

I'm lost, and I need to get home, I could walk around and search for the house, but to be fair, I wasn't sure if I even want to find it. I heard ruffling noises a little bit away from behind me, and I glanced back slightly.

Bear? Wolf? Come on, universe, strike me down. A person walked from behind one of the trees, It was Scar. "Grian!" He called, looking around, worry glowing in his eyes.

I flinched, quickly turning away from him and continued sitting behind the tree, where I knew he couldn't see me. I heard him sighing, and my eyes saddened.

"It doesn't matter if I'll put a lock on the door if you'll still get eaten outside, you know." I heard him saying. I was confused. Why is Scar saying all of this right now? When I turned to peek on Scar again and my face met a pair of legs.

I looked up and saw Scar smiling down at me. Oh. "It doesn't matter anymore, were going back home tomorrow anyway. How did you see me?" I questioned, watching the brunette sitting down in front of me.

"Your wing was peeking from behind the tree. I will never mistake your wing as something else. Also I always have a reminder on me of how it looks." He giggled.

He was gripping the middle of his chest lightly, and I realized he was talking about the necklace I gave him, that he was as still wearing but was tucked underneath his shirt. I felt my cheeks warm up, and I glanced away.

"I'm sorry about earlier, you just made me really worry." He said after a few moments of silence. "Don't apologize, I should be the one apologizing. I should've told you sooner. I never tell you anything, and I have a really stupid reason for that. I'm really sorry." I responded.

"It's alright, Grian." He giggled, but then his joy faded a bit, and he kept shifting his gaze from one of my eyes to another. "Just... promise me you'll tell me when you're uncomfortable or hurt in any way, I don't care what it will cause, I just want to be able to help you."

"But... By helping me in somethings-"

"I don't care losing stuff. You're the only one who matters."

"What about-"

"promise, Grian..." He sounded more sad than demanding. I hesitated. What if it'll risk losing him!? I almost lost him couple of times, It can't happen again. But not agreeing could lead to the same exact outcome. "I promise." I mumbled.

A smile spread across his face again, and I gave him a soft gaze in return. The things that I'll do for him are countless. His gaze fell on my hand and his eyes widened.

"What happened to you??" He questioned, grabbing my hand and observing my fist. "I might've, uh... Punched a tree. It's okay, it doesn't hurt." I said, and he sighed, causing me to giggle.

"Come on," he started, standing up while still holding my hand, forcing me up too. "Let's go home and wash it." He smiled.

Scar's Pov

I opened the lockless door and was immediately yelled at by my mother, who was standing by the entrance. "Where were you?? Don't you know it's dangerous to be outside in the dark?!" She asked, looking at me dead in the eyes.

"I know. Grian was out there so I went to find him." I answered, trying to keep it calm by keeping my voice low. "Why were you outside so late?!" She turned to Grian, benting down a little bit.

My mom was pretty intimidating, she's tall and very strong for the size of her body, a glare of hers is one of the things I was terrified of as a child, but Grian who just got it looked angrier than her.

"For the last time I checked you don't care about Scar getting hurt." He stated, crossing his arms. "God, I stopped doing it two years ago!" She exclaimed, throwing her arms in the air.

At this rate I was starting to get mad too. I didn't want to break and say something, so when Grian opened his mouth to speak again I grabbed his hand, and he turned to me. "Let it go, it's okay. Let's just go wash your fist, alright?" I whispered, and his gaze softened.

I started walking pass her to the hallway, dragging Grian behind me. "It's not fair that you forgave your father but not me, y'know." She rambled, and I stopped walking right by the start of the hallway.

"What did you think was gonna happen?? Dad didn't do anything wrong really, I understood, being a construction worker is a hard job that takes time." I said, turning my head a bit to look at her.

"I taught you stuff that you needed to know when you got older-"

"Do you think a twelve year old should face a literal bear to learn how to survive it?!" I turned and fully faced her, "You didn't even help me treat my bruises, using bandages is not something you learn through time, Grian knows how to wrap a bandage better than I do!"

"I was just... trying to teach you about nature, you weren't ready for the real thing but I knew you'd like it. It doesn't matter if you get hurt a little." She replied, rubbing the back of her head.

"A little!? Look at me!" I spread one of my arms then used my free hand to lift up my shirt slightly to show her my scarred skin, even though she could also see some of my scars on my face and down my neck. "Look at how many scars I've gained, you can't possibly think it was the right decision!"

I gave her an angry gaze, she stayed silent. "They don't-... They don't seem to bother you much. You even found someone who likes you with all of these... Scars..." She mumbled. I glanced at Grian, my eyes softening.

"Yeah, I've leaned to accept them but that doesn't make it any better." I gazed back at her. When we made eye contact again she quickly looked away. "Come on." I whispered to Grian. I turned and walked toward the bathroom silently, the blonde following behind.