80

Scar's Pov

I woke up to someone calling my name. "Scar?!" I heard a sharp yell. after a few moments I felt hands gripping my back and starting to shake me. I opened my eyes and rolled over a bit, only to see my mom.

"Scar, get up!" She said, placing her hands on her hips. "Keep your voice down, you'll wake Grian too..." I mumbled, still half asleep as I sat up, trying not to move the bed too much.

"Your dad called he has a suprise for you." She said, then walked out of the room. I blinked a few times, then looked around for my shoes.

"Where is he?" I asked, grabbing my shoes and staring to put them on. "He said to meet him down the road!" She yelled from the kitchen. "Once again I'm telling you to keep your voice down." I said.

This house isn't big. She can just speak and I'll hear her good enough. I walked out of the room to the living room, then took a last glance at my mom before leaving the house.

I walked across the forest and down the road, tiredly making my way hoping to bump into my dad, and eventually I did. "Dad?" I mumbled, glancing between his car and him.

He was leaning against a grey medium sized car, that clearly wasn't his. "What are you doing here?" I asked, still forcing myself to stay awake. "I tried to get here yesterday for your birthday, but I had a few stuff to do. Happy birthday!"

He scooted forward and turned at the same time. "Thank you?" I rubbed the back of my head with a smile. "You could've called, y'know. You didn't have to come." I said, aware of the arguments that will happen when my parents see eachother.

"I did have to, though? Scar, look." He pointed at the car Infront of us. "...yeah, a car. Whose it is, why is it in the middle of the road?" I crossed my arms, looking around.

"I- Scar. Suprise, it's yours." My dad giggled. "WHAT??" I half yelled, turning to the car. "I bought it yesterday!" He said, placing a few pats on the car. "Thank you, but... I don't need a car, dad, I barely drive. It's a waist of the money that we don't have." I said.

"It's alright, Scar. I worked on some rich person's house for a few months now, the man paid me way more than he should've." He said with a proud smile.

"Well... You can put the money into something-"

"Just accept the gift, Scar." Dad sighed, crossing his arms and shaking his head. I chuckled, then opened the door, looking inside. It looked clean and smelled new, I still don't believe we can afford this.

"Do you wanna go park it before someone's gonna drive her?" He said, acknowledging that he literally stopped in the middle of the road. "Yeah." I replied, sitting inside.

•       •       •

I walked with my father toward my mom's house, and when we reached I opened the door. Just remembered Grian told me to put a lock on this door, I still haven't done it.

"What are you doing here?" My mom questioned as I closed the door after we walked in. "Came to visit Scar." My dad replied, watching her standing up. "You know it's my two months, right?" She glared at him as she walked over.

"I just brought him a present. Something that I bet you haven't done. I wouldn't be surprised if you even forgot his birthday." He glared back. "Doesn't mean you can come here." She said, ignoring his statement.

"Scar was kind enough to let me stay until the train comes. Deal with it, woman." He rolled his eyes. I don't know why I thought it was a good idea getting them together. My mother opened her mouth to say something, but was interaped.

"Good morning..." I heard a tired ramble, and I turned to the hallway where I heard the voice come from. I saw Grian there, and my eyes softened.

"Oh." Grian mumbled when he spotted my dad. "What is the avian doing here?" Dad turned to me. "He came to stay here for the summer." I answered, walking over to Grian and pressing a light kiss on top of his head.

His wings lowered slightly, and I gave him a small smile. "So you're letting a random avian stay here for all summer but not tour ex-husband for an hour??" He frowned, crossing his arms.

"You really gotta get over your beef with avians, it was one fucking guy, this avian brings more love to your son than you ever did." Mother glared at him again. "Look who's talking, the woman who caused him most of his scars!"

I heard a meow and I looked down at Jellie, who was now sitting between me and Grian, watching the fight with us. I glanced at Grian before turning back to my mom and dad. He looked angry as my mom continued speaking.

"Well technically I wasn't the one who hurt him most of the times, it was some animals." She said, her voice lowering. "It doesn't make it any better!!" My dad yelled back.

I sighed quitely, turning away and walking across the hallway to my room. I grabbed the little nodding Jellie doll that Grian had bought me a while ago and walked back, tapping on Grian's shoulder, who was still glaring.

He turned to me, and his gaze softened. "Come on. I gotta show you something." I whispered, and he nodded. I grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the house with me, leaving the two parents to argue alone.

•       •       •

"Your dad bought you a car??" Grian questioned when he saw my present, he sounded almost as shocked as I was. "Yeah. I told him I don't need it but he insisted." I giggled.

I opened the door and sat inside, sticking the cat doll on the top of the center console. I pressed on the Jellie, making it to nod. "Of course that's the first thing that you do." Grian laughed, and I smiled.

"Carson had one of a dog in his car, he'll love this one." I said, turning to Grian. "Sure he will." Grian rolled his eyes slightly, glancing aside. My eyes saddened. "Hey, Gri?" I tilted my head when he turned to me.

"Would you consider hanging out with Carson sometimes? Maybe even tommorow?" I asked, and he turned to me. "I don't know, Scar, I don't think me and Carson could get along." He replied.

"That's because you don't know him yet! You hung out with Grace and now you're friends... Kinda-... You just need to get to know him." I said, but he didn't look convinced.

"Please, it's important to me that you two get along. You can go even after five minutes if it'll be that horrible. Do it for me." I pleaded, giving him puppy eyes. He waited a few moments before sighing. "Alright." He agreed, and I cheered.

-------
I'm in an icecream shop rn about to meet my childhood friend and he's late by like half an hour- send help-