37

Grian's Pov

I walked into my house, quitely, so Veronica won't come down and see me. "Grian-... Gri." My mum suddenly came from the living room. "Mummmm Hiiii... What are you doing home?" I said, looking down at my cats awkwardly. "Them again???" I sighed as she frowned.  "Were not keeping them" She glared at me. "They're not staying even one more minutes in the streets, mum!" Now we both were glaring at eachother. We stayed like this over a minute, and then her eyes saddened, and she looked away, crossing her arms.

"Are they the reason you've been so sad lately?" She turned back to me. I didn't answer, yet my eyes saddened slightly too. She sighed. "If I will let you keep them, do you promise to take care of them? Me or Roni will not help you" She said. "I did it for two years. Im capable of that" I said, eyes sparkling with hope. "Then keep them. But give them to me now so I could go to the vet and get them vaccinated" she said, and I jumped with joy. A handed her the cats and she giggled.

"Can I come?"
"No" she replied, and I sighed. I wasn't planning on arguing, so she won't change her mind. Everything so I could keep them here, Safe, in my house. When my mum left the house to the vet, I went up the stairs and into my room, pulling out my phone in excitement.

--------------------
Scar

Scar
Scar
Scar
Scar
Scar
Scar

Grian

She let me keep them!!

Really?? Wooo!!

Yeah! She took them to the vet

--------------------

I raised my gaze from my phone to Scar's window, and saw him sitting on his bed with Jellie while eating dinner. I smiled and turned off my phone, lying on my bed. I glanced at the ceiling and sighed, remembering my mum's words;

"Are they the reason you've been so sad lately?"

I've really been sad lately, haven't I? And it's not only because Maui and Pearl, it's also because of Sam. I feel like everything in my life started falling apart since the day he came back a few weeks ago, I think the only thing that's keeping me sane is Scar. He noticed instantly that something was off with me today. He knows me really well. How long have we known eachother? It's almost the end of January, so it's been... Almost half a year.

I rolled in my bed as my eyes softened, but quickly saddened again when I remembered -- from today.

"I think Sam wants to hurt you"

"You sent me to JAIL, GRIAN! you expect me to just leave you alone!? I want you to SUFFER like I did in prison!"

"I just want to let you know, All of the good times we had? Were ruined because of you. Because you decided to betray us and sent me to prison. For three fucking years"

"You're a bitch. You killed someone and blame me for this? Let me tell you something. You don't have a power over me anymore. You're a fucking asshole and you've always been. Im dumb for not seeing that the day I met you. Blind for not seeing what a prick you are"

I sighed and stood up. Too many thoughts... To many voices... "I-I need to clear my mind" I muttered and stood up, gazing at my door

Scar's Pov

I smiled as Jellie leaped off the bed. I placed my plate on my bedside table and sighed. Grian got to keep his cats. Didn't he tell me that his mum was at work? How come she took them to the vet? I glanced through my window into Grian's. And why does he look so sad? I watched him standing up and staring at his door with sad eyes. He walked out and I tilted my head in confusion.

After a few minutes I decided to go see how he's doing, so I put in my shoes and went to his house. I knocked, but no answer. I guessed that Grian left the house, so I walked toward the forest, to see if he's there. He's been there alot lately. When I got there I wasn't surprised to see that I was correct. The avian was sitting on the same exact branch that he's always sitting on, gazing on the other trees around him. I sighed, then walked up to the tree and started climbing it.

"Grian?" I called when I sat down next to him. He didn't seem to hear me. "Gri?" He flinched and turned to me. "Oh. Hey Scar. What are you doing here?" He asked. "Looking for you. Are you okay?" I looked down at the parrot in concern. "Yeah... I was just thinking about somethings"
"What things?"
"Hm... Like what I've said today to Sam, like-"

"Wait, when did you talk to Sam today?" I asked."Is this why you looked worried today?" I added, and he nodded. "We talked, when I left to 'The Golden Robe'. We said some stuff to eachother and he looked really mad when I told him something. I've never seen him so mad in my life" he rubbed the back of his head with a sigh.

Grian's Pov

"You should've told me"
"I know, Im sorry" I replied. "Are you okay? Did he touch you?" Scar questioned. "No. I mean yes, but I was quick enough to pull away so nothing happened" I said, looking up at the elf.  He sighed angrily, but his expression quickly saddened, and he turned to me. "Im always here for you Gri. Please, if anything like that ever happens to you again, which I pray will not, come to me. I don't want to see you hurt again" Scar said, pain was flashing in his eyes. It was painful for him just to hear about that.

My cheeks flashed red, and at this exact moment, A thought crossed my mind. And for a long time now, it wasn't a bad one. I wanted to kiss him. I wanted to tell him how much I love him. How much I appreciate everything that he's done for me. I wanted him to know how much he means too me, and to be honest, I've never expected him to mean that much. And it felt right. This place, at this moment, will be the right time to confess. finally.