56

Grian's Pov

"Are you ready for the test?" Scar asked me, and I stopped walking, even when I knew were almost late to school. "What test!?"
"The history test...? We just studied for it yesterday" Scar said, stopping too and looking back at me. "It's now!?" I questioned, and he nodded. I groaned as he giggeled. "Why did you take the test schedule if you won't check it?" He questioned with a smile, and I just whined. 

"It's okay. You're gonna pass it" Scar said, grabbing my wrist and starting to walk again. I wasn't confident as Scar was. He knew the subject well, but it took hours to learn that. We walked into the classroom, rushing to our seats. I sat down and watched all the students freaking out about the test.

It's the first I felt a bit stressed too. I didn't like this feeling. I used to laugh at them for being that nervous, but now im one of them. I feel less confident every time I hear them asking eachother questions and answering them correctly, while I was sitting there, trying to figure out the answers, but gets them wrong every time.

"Grian?" Scar called, and I turned away from the girls to him. "I don't think Im ready, Scar" I said, and he giggled. "You are, don't worry, I saw you yesterday" he said, trying to reassure me but it didn't really work. "I don't know, those girls got all the questions right, I knew none!"
"You're just nervous. Try to calm down" Scar chuckled, and quickly turned to the door when we heard the teacher walking in.

"Everyone to their seats, please, so you all could get started with the test" Miss Elrod said, placing her bag down and pulling out the tests as all the students went to their seats. She started handing everyone the tests and eventually she got to me. I half smiled, and grabbed my pencil, looking down on the questions. I started freaking out because my mind went blank.

Okay, think, Grian. What did Scar told you yesterday? Oh his eyes looked so green in the sunlight... FOCUS, GRIAN!! You have to pass this test so you could be with Scar next year too. I tapped the pencil on the table a few times, then glanced at Scar. He was already answering questions. A small smile grew on my lips. He turned to me, and we locked eyes for a second.

He smiled and glanced at my paper, then back at me, like he was motioning me to keep going. I chuckled, and turned back to my test. You learned those stuff. Just chill. I took a deep breath, and started writing.

• • •

The bell rang and I raised my gaze to the teacher. I haven't finished yet!! I need just a little bit more time. "Those who finished the test may leave, the others can stay and leave when they finish" Miss Elrod said, and many students left, including my friends.

"Good luck" Scar whispered to me before walking toward the door. "Thank you" I whispered back and watched my boyfriend leave the classroom. I was doing good, after I calmed down I remembered what Scar taught me yesterday, trying not to get distracted by the thought of Scar himself. He was so sweet... NO! History test, Grian!

When I finished, I walked nervously to the teacher and handed her my test. I smiled and walked toward the door, jumping happily as soon as I walked out.

"Why so happy?" I heard a voice from someone next to me. I turned to the person and saw Matthew and Caleb standing there, leaning on the wall next to the door. "Finally decided to actually do the test?"
"Not that it's any of your business, but yes" I answered, walking away toward the cafeteria, but they're quickly followed behind. "I don't think you're gonna manage it. Like you didn't manage to fly" Matthew said, an I stopped walking, still not turning around to face them.

"You can try to run away, but we'll quickly catch up, because-"
"Shut up!" I half yelled. "Im sorry that you feel so bad about yourself that you need to project your insecurities onto me. The fact that you're not a hybrid isn't my fault. I bet you would love having those 'useless' wings, as you call them. Im no longer your punching bag, so stay the fuck away from me!" I yelled glancing back at them angrily.

I knew what they were going to say next, I didn't want to hear it. Im telling those things to myself everyday. I started running, aware of those stupid wings are slowing me down. Aware of the dumb mistake I made by sticking out for myself

"...My driving test tomorrow" Those were the first words that I heard Scar saying as soon as I got to the table. "Driving test? What are you talking about?" I asked, sitting down in my regular seat, next to Scar. "Sunshine! How was the test?" He questioned, a bright smile appeared on his face when he saw me. "It was good, do you have a driving licence? Why did I only hear about it now??" I asked, and he rubbed the back of his head.

"I got it half a year ago... It was around the time Sam came here, so..." He mumbled. "So im going tomorrow to get it officially, now I can drive without any company" He added proudly, and I giggled. "You can give us rides now to places" Pearl said, and Cleo gasped, then nodded aggressively. The two girls turned to Scar with sparkling eyes as Impluse sighed. "That's exactly why neither of us got our licenses yet" he said.

"We don't need you, we have Scar, Scar will happily give us a ride, right, Scar?" Cleo said, then turned to Scar. "Sure" He mumbled, realizing there's no point of fighting back when he glanced at me and saw my smug face.

• • •

"Scar!! Hello! Wanna walk home really fast for absolute no reason??" I asked Scar when I saw him waiting for me next to the school exit. I grabbed his hand and started speed walking out of the school building. "What happened?" Scar asked. He stopped walking and let go of my hand, crossing his arms. "I might've made Caleb and Matthew angry" I muttered and he sighed, grabbing my hand again.

"What did they do?" He questioned, now he was dragging me. "Uh... They insulated me, so I stuck out for myself, but... You know... They didn't like it" I said, keeping the explanation short. He groaned angrily. "Don't worry" I chuckled. "You're sticking to me tomorrow, okay??" He looked down at me, and I smiled. "I like it when you get all protected" I mocked, stopping walking and looking up at him.

"Im not- Im just- I don't want to see you hurt" He said, his cheeks turning pink. He's so cute. I stood on my tiptoes and pecked his lips. His flustered expression turned into a soft one, and his grip tighten on my hand. "I want to keep you safe" he mumbled, tilting his head. "I am safe. You don't have to worry" I said, then continuing walking, pulling the emerald eyed elf after me.