55

Grian's Pov

"I don't understand" I whined, looking up at Scar who came over to my house after school when I asked him to help me study for our next exam, which sadly is history. "That's okay, I'll explain as many times as you need" Scar reassured me, but it was the fifth time he explained the same thing. He started explaining again after I sighed.

Why do we even need to learn history? It's so boring. But I guess it's important in someway. I mean, they're making us learn MATH, Im falling asleep almost every class! I turned to Scar. How come this guy listen and understand it all? Well, I answered my own question. He's actually listening.

I don't think he ever got less than a B. His father must be proud. I wonder why Scar's father hate avians. Now that I'm thinking about it, he never actually liked me. I remember the death stares he gave me when Scar was in the hospital. I guess that's fair though-

"Did you get it now?" Scar's voice snapped me back to reality. Oh fuck. "Uh... Yeah" I smiled. I didn't want him to waist his time and explain it again. He smiled brightly, proud of himself for explaining rightly, and I felt guilty. "No, I didn't, Im sorry" I sighed, and he chuckled. "Don't apologize" he said, then started explaining it again.

• • •

I leaned on my windowsill and watched Scar walking to his house, making sure he gets there safely. Before he walked into his house he waved at me he waved at me, and I waved back. Just as I was about to close the window, an avian landed on my windowsill. He was a kid, but I still got startled and fell back. "Oop. Sorry" the kid apologized, then spread his wings and flew off.

I stood up and walked to the window again, watching him spinning in the air and flying toward his friend, who was also flying. My eyes saddened as I watched them playing in the sky. How's that fair? Those little kids are half my age and they can fly.

I bet their partner's parents accept them. What am I even thinking? Im jealous of a eight years old. How many times did people judge me because I can't fly? I lost count... How did I came out so broken? What those wings are even for if I can't use them? Roni's wings are not only prettier than mine, but she can also fly with them. I understand why mum loves her better-

A phone call interaped my thoughts. I glanced at my phone and answered the call when I saw that it was Scar. "Grian?? Are you okay?? Why are you crying??" He questioned. I looked out of my window in confusion, and saw him looking at me from his room. Crying? I touched my eye and realized that tears were rolling down of it, without my notice.

"Uh... Im okay" I said, still confused. I got lost in thoughts again... When will this stop happening!?!? I glanced at Scar again, who looked really worried. "Can you come over? I want to show you something" Scar asked, and I nodded. I hung up and placed down my phone. I sped walked downstairs and outside my house toward Scar's.

"Avian. What are you doing here?" Scar's dad opened the door. "H-hello" I mumbled. We stared at eachother for what seemed like forever, until Scar came and grabbed my hand, pulling me pass his dad and toward the stairs. "The avian has to go before 9:00PM!!" The dad yelled as we got to the second floor. "He has a name and you know what it is so start using it!!" Scar yelled back, and I chuckled.

"It's okay, it's like a nickname. One step forward on the way for him to accept me" I said as we walked into his room. "But he doesn't mean it as a nickname, sunshine" He said, opening his window, my heart flattered at the nickname he gave me. I looked at him in confusion when he climbed onto the window sill. "Come on" he held his hand out for me. I took it and he helped me up.

"Where are we going?" I asked. "You showed me your relaxing spot, now im gonna show you mine. Maybe it could be yours too, 'cause yours is kinda destroyed" Scar said. He climbed on the branch above us, and I followed him. He jumped onto his rooftop, and I chuckled. "You go to sit on your roof to relax?" I questioned when I jumped there too. "Yeah" he smiled and sat down.

"You could come here anytime you need to" Scar added. "Or I could just... Go to mine" I said with a giggle, sitting down too. "It would be different" Scar grumbled. "How!? We literally have the same exact roof with the same exact view" I giggeled again.

"Yeah, but if you come here then I'll get an opportunity to see you again! And you could talk to me about what you felt, if you feel comfortable with that, that is, and I could hold you tight and comfort you... Ooo!! I can bring us some hot cocos, they're always making me feel better, and-"

I stopped him from talking by kissing him. His eyes softened, and he capped both of my cheeks in his hands, deeping into the kiss as both of our eyes fluttered close. When we pulled away I opened my eyes and saw him gazing down at me with a huge smile across his scared face. He leaned in again and pecked my forehead, then leaned down to my nose, and from there to my left cheek. "S-stop that" I giggled, my face still squashed between his palms. "Scar!" I continued giggling as he continued pecking my face.

He pulled away, letting go of my cheeks, the same smile still stuck to his beautiful face. "I love you, sunshine" he said, and I crossed my arms, looking away from the elf with a red face. "Don't you love me too?"
"No" I scoffed, then turned my head slightly when I heard him giggling. He spun me again and grabbed my chin, lifting it up slightly while kissing my lips again.

My wings puffed up, and a shiver ran down my spine, feeling my face get hotter with every second that pass. He pulled away and I whined, leaning into his chest. "I love you too" I rumble into his chest, feeling and hearing him giggle. "The sun is setting. Look" he whispered. I turned my head, still resting my head on his chest. It was beautiful.

Scar started playing with my hair as I melted into his touch again, hearing his heart beats and enjoying the beautiful sunset. I was happy for the first time in a while. Scar made me so happy. I love him so much, I don't think he'll ever understand how much I would sacrifice for him.

He's the reason I smile when I have nothing to smile about... And although were already boyfriends, I still get those stupid butterflies. I can't remember when he went from a stranger to someone I can't stop thinking about.

----
Sorry for the lack of chapters