33

Scar's Pov

I came up to Grian straight after class, it was the last lesson of the day, so it was time to go home. "Allow me" I said and grabbed his bag. He looked up at me with half a glare. "Your shoulder hurts" I said. "How did you know??" Grian gazed at me in confusion as we walked out of class. "You gripped it, I saw you looking at it painfully, so I assumed it hurts" I half smiled at him.

"So... Are you gonna tell me what happened?" I questioned as he turned to me. "After Mister Houston talked to me and I walked out of class, and Sam started talking shit like he always does, then I lost my patience and yelled at him. After that he chocked me, and I couldn't breathe, so I punch him, and he punch back and all of a sudden a fight started" Grian explained, trying to keep the explanation as short as he can.

"Sorry, I should've been there, maybe I could've stopped it and-"
"No, Im happy you weren't there. If you were, you probably would've ended like me" Grian giggeled. I smiled at him. When we reached Grian's house I handed him his bag and wished him good luck, knowing that his mother will see the bandages eventually.

• • •

"Hello?" Grian's mum opened the door. Grian weren't answering my text, and I wanted to know how he is, consider his bad injures. "Hey, uh... Grian isn't answering my texts... Can I come in and talk to him for a second?" I rubbed the back of my head. "He left. Hours ago" The mum looked at me in confusion. "Oh. Where did he go?" I asked, a bit confused because it's already night time.

"I don't know. He said he's going to 'clear his mind'. When you'll find him can you check his injuries? I know I sounded mad when I talked to him, but I really wasn't... Can you tell him that?" I nodded, and she sighed. "You're Scar, right?" I nodded once again, and she smiled. "It's nice to finally meet you. Grian talks about you alot" She said, causing me to slightly blush.

"I-It was lovely meeting you too. I'll be going now. G-goodbye" I said, still a bit flustered by the lady's words. I started walking down the road, to the place I know Grian will be at.

"This is where I come to clear my mind. The silence help me think"

I remembered Grian's words as I entered the forest. I walked calmly across the nature, looking at the tree's and the overgrown grass. When I reached the heart of the forest I smiled. Fireflies were flying around the big tree, causing this place to be the only area in the forest to be light up. I walked closer to the tree and smiled at the humming boy who was resting on one of the branches.

I gripped a branch and started climbing the tree toward the one the blonde was lying on. "Hey" I looked down at him with soft eyes when I sat down on his branch. Grian flinched and turned to me, with a confused yet calm face. "Hi" he sat up and moved a bit so he'll be sitting next to me.

"How are you feeling?" I turned to the smaller boy, who was locking eyes with one of the fireflies. "Better" He said, titling his head slightly. "How's the injures?" I questioned. "Better" he answered again. I turned from Grian to the shiny stars in the obsidian sky. "Your mum told me to tell you that she's not mad" I said. I could feel the avian looking at me, so I turned to him.

"You were at my house?" I nodded. "What happened?" I asked the smaller. "Nothin' much... I told her what happened and she got mad. According to her I should've just let him beat me; 'maybe he would've spear you', she said. She was just worried, I know that" he explained. "Did you tell her it was Sam?" He shook his head and turned to his lap. "Gri, can you tell me what happened between you and Sam?" I questioned, and he turned to me. I saw him hesitating. I was about to say that it's okay if he don't want to tell me, but before I could he started explaining.

"I was thirteen, almost fourteen, when I met Sam. At the time, I was friend with a few others that you know, Joel, Scott, Timmy... Anyway, Sam joined our school, he just moved here, and the first time I saw him I instantly liked him. We became friend, and he introduced me to Matthew and Caleb. After some time, something happen that caused them to trust me, and they invited me into their groups. Sam formed a small group of friends; Him, Matthew, Caleb... and I joined, and joining was the biggest mistake I've ever done..."

"...The group had a purpose; to know everything about everyone. Matthew's dad works in the Mall security, so we had access to the cameras, Caleb's mum is the highschool principal, so we knew when we'll get to highschool the next year we could go into her office, or get a pass for everything. One day, I was going into my parents room late at night, My mum was out of town with Roni, so my dad was alone. I was coming to ask him for help, but found him sleeping with a woman. A woman that wasn't my mum. Sam's mother. I didn't confront them. I just went back to my room..."

"... And the next day, I told Sam about it, and he got really angry. so the day after, he snuck into my house into my parents bedroom, where my dad was sleeping. He brought a... A k-knife... With him and started... Uhm... s-stabbing... my father, a-and I walked into the room, and I-I watched my dad getting.... killed. b-by the one I used to think was the l-love of my life..." He finished talking. My eyes widened, sadness flashing in them. I could see his eyes were wet, and he looked like he was chocking on tears, trying to keep them inside.