20

Scar's Pov

We walked into the bus and to our seats.
We sat down as Grian pulled something from under his red jamper with a grin. "Grian!" I half yelled at him as I saw it was a chip bag. "Miss Emerson will actually kill you" I mumbled. "It's not a big deal, and She's not even gonna find out" He giggled and opened the chips. When Caleb and Matthew walked pass us, I suddenly remembered what my new friends said at the cabin.

"Hey, Gri," I mumbled. "Who was Sam? Why did he... killed... your dad?" I asked as he chocked on his chips. "H-how do you know about- sigh. Im guessing Tim and Joel told you that too?" He question, and I nodded.

"I- uhm... Sam. He was... an old crush of mine. Why he killed my dad... this is something I don't really wanna talk about, sorry..." He answered my question. "Don't be sorry" I rubbed the back of my head, feeling a bit jealous when he told me about his old crush.

"Your old crush, you say... by 'old' do you mean that you don't like him anymore?" I asked, gazing down at the parrot. "Scar, seriously, why would I like this psychopath who killed my father??" Grian said then giggeled. "Right! Right..." I smiled.

• • •

Its now 8:00pm, were still driving back to our hometown. (that Im too lazy to name) we've been driving for the past three hours, and theres still two more to go. I gazed outside the window at the villages around the road and at the stars in the sky, listening to the silence in the bus. I wonder what my mother is doing back at the forest all alone. Well, I guess she's doing the regular, watering the plants... helping the injured animals... caring for the trees... humph. Caring for the trees more than her own son. I didn't get even one phone call from her since we got here... I sighed.

I turned to Grian and smiled when I saw him sleeping, like almost every other student. I pushed his hair away from his face, feeling my face getting warm by the minute. I couldn't take my eyes off him. I love him so much it hurts. Why is it like that? I met him only four months ago. The bus suddenly did a sharp turn and Grian's head fell on my shoulder. I smiled and blushed as he muffled something and started snoring softly.

I placed my arm around his waist as the other grabbed his hand. I rested my head on his and I blushed again. I giggled quitely as I imagined what Grian would say about this situation.

• • •

FLASH
"They're gonna kill you"
"I know, but its gonna be so worth it"
I opened my eyes, and the first thing I saw was Scott, pointing his phone at me and Grian. Jimmy was standing next to him awkwardly. "SCOTT" I half yelled, trying not to wake Grian or make it obvious how red is my face. He giggled and grabbed Jimmy's hand. "Never gonna delete that picture so don't even ask!!" He said and ran with Jimmy out of the bus.

I blushed, but shook it off as fast as possible. "Grian, Wake up" I shook his body. His eyes flushed open as I giggled. "what time is it...?" He groaned, stretching his arms. "10:00pm" I answered as we both stood up. Grian stretched his wings too as we walked off the bus. "Wait a second, there's one last thing I need to do to make this trip unforgettable" he said after we grabbed our bags out of the trunk. I watched him placing his bags on the floor, and walking toward Caleb.

"Hey, Caleb" Grian said, a hint of anger in his voice. "This is for cutting my friend's hair, you worthless piece of shit" Grian said and punched Caleb, leaving him with a black eye. My jaw dropped as I ran to Grian with both of our bags. "Grian you-... Lets go home" I said and handed him his bags. "Go, go!" Grian laughed as Caleb yelled his name.

• • •

"Oh Grian..." I mumbled as we reached our houses. "You just got yourself into more troubles again" I said, Grian giggled in respond. "It's so worth it" he said. "Gri..." I muttered, heart full of concern . "Go now, your father must be waiting for you" he smiled and walked toward his door. "Goodnight, Scar" he mumbled before unlocking his house. I just smiled at him and entered mine.

"Scar!- Scar?" My dad tilted his head when he saw me. "Got a haircut. Don't ask" I rubbed the back of my head with a chuckle as he sighed. "Hungry? I made dinner" he said, and I couldn't help but laugh. He's actually not planning on asking?-

Grian's Pov

"Grian!" My mother's voice was the first thing I heard when I walked in. "How are you doing?" She asked, but hugged me without even waiting for an answer. "Im okay" I hugged her back. "How was the trip? Did you eat enough?" She questioned as she pulled away. "Yeah" I glanced nervously at the stairs. I smiled, then quickly ran up the stairs toward my room. I opened the door, throwing my bags aside and locking the door after me.

I ran straight to the drawer under my bed and looked down at my cats. "How are you doing guys?? Feeling good? Did you eat? Did I leave enough food?" I glanced at their food and water bowls and saw that they were both empty. I stroked my cats as I refilled their bowls. "Awh, I missed you do much" I picked them both up as I stood up and pecked their foreheads.

"Meow!" Pearl meowed as I giggled. "Grian! Come down to eat dinner! I made Roni's favourite!" My mother yelled from downstairs. I placed my cats into the drawer carefully, then ran out of my room.