75

This is a very long chapter, take it as a peace offering since I haven't published anything lately, I'm sorry-
-----
Scar's Pov

When I woke up an hour ago no one in this world was happier than me. It was Grian's birthday, and I decided to make us some breakfast and take it to eat outside.

Even though Grian doesn't like breakfasts, he'll love what I made him. It helps that Grian would never wake up if I won't wake him, so I didn't need to wake up early to make everything.

Eventually I finished, and made my way to my room, where Grian was, as expected, still sleeping. I bounced in my place, already excited for Grian's birthday. I looked down at him, my smile slowly growing.

I bent down and slid my hands under his body, picking him up gently but swiftly, and he almost instantly woke up as I started yelling in excitement.

"Happy birthday, Grian!!" I exclaimed, and his eyes flattered open, his wings slightly rising up beneath him as I held him close to my chest. "Scar...?" He mumbled, quickly realizing that he wasn't in the bed anymore, but in my arms.

"What are you doing, put me down!" He half yelled, his voice was still tired. "Come on, I do it all the time." I grinned as he glared at me. "When I'm sleeping or passed out! I'm not able to stop you then!" He replied, crossing his arms.

He obviously wanted me to let go of him, but I didn't. I like seeing how his small figure wrapped by my arms, and enjoyed how moody and adorable he gets when he's mad.

"But I'm excited for your birthday!" My voice slightly saddening. Just as it did, Grian's eyes lit up. "It's my birthday?? I totally forgot!" He smiled as I started laughing. When I stopped a smirk crept to his lips.

"You're right, it is exciting. Now for the next ten days I'm older than you." He said, and I gasped. I dropped him on the bed when he started laughing.

"I just realized you're older than me!!" I sat on the bed beside him as he sat up, crossing his legs. "What a shame~" Grian giggled lightly, leaning on my side. I glanced at him with an unamused face as he gave me a pesky grin.

"I am taller than you though. Way, way, taller." My face turned into a smug one as I said that, and he pulled away from my side, "That's-" he paused and groaned, starting to muttered stuff to himself angrily.

I chuckled, my eyes softening as I watched the blonde. "Dress up. I have a suprise for you." I got up, walking out of the room and leaving him to change.

•      •      •

"You really gotta stop wearing your sweater, G, it's hot outside." I said, glancing back at the avian following behind me. "It's not that hot." He shrugged, locking eyes with the basket in my hand.

"What's in the basket?" He questioned, still looking at it with curiosity in his eyes. "Food." I responded simply. "What kind of food?" He asked, looking up at me. "You'll see when we get there." I chuckled, turning back to look forward.

"Seriously, Scar, where is 'there'??" He questioned, and I shook my head with a smile, stopping by a tree. He stopped too and gazed with me off the mountain at the huge fields of corn that was down there.

"Come on." I called, starting to walk off the mountain, careful with each step since it was a steep downhill, not forgetting to put an eye on Grian to see that he's not struggling too much.

We reached the bottom safely and stepped right into the corn field, where a few farmers were working. I took Grian's hand and started walking with him across the field.

His eyes wandered around, looking at the people who was working on the crops. that made my heart flatter each time I heard his small quite gasps, amazed by their work, even though it was nothing special.