60

I- 60!? What-
-----

Scar's Pov

I waited for Grian to come out of his house, watching the sunset as I wait, humming happily while thinking of random stuff. "Scar." Grian snapped me back to reality, and I smiled at the sight of the blonde, wearing his regular red jumper.

We started walking toward a direction I didn't really recognized, and he said that Mumbo lives in the rich side of town. I was in the rich side of town once, the flowers that I got Grian when I asked him out came from a near by flower field.

We were a few houses away from Mumbo's place when I glanced down at Grian. For some reason he looked nervous. "G? Are you okay?" I questioned, catching the avian's attention. He stopped walking, and glanced away as I stopped too.

"Sam's house... It was this one." he pointed at the house we were about to walk pass. I looked at the house, then back at Grian. He was worried about being seen. "Do you wanna run pass it or go around?" I asked, and he laughed. He started running, and I smiled, following him.

He stopped running when I caught up with him, and nudged my side with a giggle. He walked through a gate and into a yard and toward the door of the house we just stopped next to, assuring me that we're here.

"Mumbo! Open up!" Grian yelled, knocking for the fifth time. He frowned, then started looking around. He stepped off the doorstep and walked to the side of the building. "Where are you going?" I questioned, following the blonde.

"Mumbo!!" He yelled, looking up at the open window. He groaned, then bent down, grabbing a rock. He threw the stone through the window, and I laughed when I geard Mumbo yelping. "DUDE! you hit me right in the head!!" Mumbo looked down at us.

Me and Grian started laughing, then Grian told him to open the door. We walked back to the front of the house when we heard the door open. "Moron." Mumbo slapped the back of Grian's head. Grian glared at him as he giggeled.

•    •    •

After six hours of talking and playing none stop, it was time to sleep. I was just lying awake on my mattress, that was next to Grian's, unable to sleep. The thing Grian told me yesterday was still on my mind. Is this why he knew what to do when Miss Ell attacked me? Did he handled it the same?

"Anyone's awake?" I heard Cub's quiet voice. "I am." I whispered, sitting up and looking at Cub, who was sitting on his mattress, that was right in front of mine. "Why are you awake?" I questioned, scooting to the edge of the mattress and closer to him."Couldn't fall asleep." He replied.

We sat in silence, until I spoke. "Cub? Have you heard that Grian almost got, uh... Raped?" I mumbled, and he tilted his head. "Almost'? He was raped." He said, and my eyes widened. "You're talking about Kyle, right?" He asked, and I nodded slightly, making eye contact.

"Yeah... I was the one who found him after the rapping... At the time I was a part of the Student Council, and I was on my way back from a meeting, I walked pass the locker room but stopped when I heard sobbing from inside. I opened the door and found Grian on the floor, naked as tears rolling down his cheeks..." He said, and my heart shattered.

"W-what did you do?" I questioned, forcing words out of my mouth. "I gave him his clothes and helped him clean up and wear them. He told me what happened and I almost cried. When I found him on the floor, It was... Heart breaking. I've never seen Grian so..." He paused, trying to look for the right word while looking away from me as tears started forming in my eyes. "Weak and vulnerable..." He mumbled, looking back.

"O-oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry!" He said, noticing my eyes. "Who's crying?" I heard Grian's soft voice, and turned around. He rubbed his eyes, and when he stopped he glanced at me. "G-Grian..." I mumbled, and his eyes widened, noticing the tears that were swelling in my eyes. "...You were actually raped?" I finally said, the tears rolling down my eyes.

Grian's wings lowered, and he glanced at Cub. He glanced back at me with sad eyes, standing up then sitting back down when he reached me, wrapping his hands around me. Tears were spilling down my eyes as I hugged the avian back, sobbing into the crook of his neck quietly.

a few singular minutes after I stopped sobbing, I could hear them talking again. "Did he fall asleep?" Cub questioned. "Pretty sure..." Grian replied. He layed me down on my mattress, letting go of my body. I wasn't actually asleep, but right now I really wanted to.

"Why did you tell him??" I heard Grian asking. "He thought that he tried to rape you. Scar is strong, Scar can handle the truths." Cub said. "There's a reason why I didn't tell him! I don't want him to be strong, Cub! He's been strong for almost all this year! He just cried... I don't want him to deal with that..." Grian mumbled, and I felt him stroking my hair.

"But you were strong all your life, G. There's a lot that you are dealing with." Cub responded. "I was born to be the strong one. I don't want any of the people I love to be. They don't deserve to handle that." Grian said. I felt Grian removing his hand from my head and heard him lying back on his mattress, the same with Cub.

After a few minutes, I turned around and gazed at the sleeping blonde, eyes filled with sadness. I scooted closer to him with a quiet sighed, tears swelling in my eyes.

I wrapped one of my hands around his torso and layed my other hand on his head, pressing it gently to my neck as our legs intertwining together. His hair brushed against my cheek as my eyes saddened again.

"I should've protected you better..."

I remembered Grian's words from when we were trapped in the fire in the forest, a few steps from death, and the tears finally leaked out of my eyes down my cheeks.

"Let me protect you this time. You don't have to continue dealing with that alone anymore..." I muttered, not waiting for an answer, he was obviously sleeping, you can tell by his soft snores. I looked down at my lover, his right shoulder was still wet from my tears. I tightened my grip on him, and slowly fell asleep.