11

Scar's Pov

"Why are you so nervous?" I asked, noticing he's stuttering alot. "Are you feeling okay?"
"What m-makes you think im not?" He asked. "You're a bit... red?" I said and rubbed the back of my head with a chuckle as his eyes widened. He whined and covered his face with his hands. "My bad"

• • •

Grian didn't feel good all day, He didn't even managed to do ten laps in P.E... well usually he doesn't, usually he manage only eight, but this time he did four, and immediately sat down, panting heavily, and his face is still reder than the colour itself. "Grian" I walked up to him when I spotted him on the way home. "Grian?" I called his name again. He didn't seem to hear me. He was breathing heavily, causing me to worry a bit. "Grian??" I pocked his cheek and he turned to me in panic. I stared at him in worry as he calmed down.

Grian's Pov

"Are you doing better?" Scar asked me. "Why wouldn't I?" I said, though its probably obvious I lied, my face is the definition of a tomato. Scar sighed. "Its a hot day, thats all" I mumbled. "Grian, its November" he said and pointed at the people with coats and hats who were walking around the street. I gazed at the ground, realizing that im the only one that is hot too. When I reached my house I didn't find Veronica, but instead found a note from my mum, saying they'll be out of town for the next three days because someone asked Roni for a modeling job. Well. Her wings are glorious.

I walked to the fridge and grabbed some left over Sticky Toffee Pudding, also my favourite, and walked up to my room. I set the plate on my table as my vision became a little fuzzy. "Oh god..." I muttered, and I started searching for my thermometer.

Scar's Pov

I walked into my room with Jellie in my arms and sat in my chair with a sigh. I pulled out a book and a notebook from my bag so I can do my homework, but I was quickly distracted by the sight of winged friend turning on the... air conditioner? I pulled out my phone and started texting Grian.

---------------------
Grain

Grian! What are you doing!? Its 11° outside!

11°!? Doesn't feel like that, its so hot in my house! Im searching for my Digital thermometer

-------------------

I raised my head from my phone and watched Grian opening and closing the drawers until he found the thermometer. When he did, he put it in his mouth and sat on his table next to the window so I could see him. I smiled. After two or three minutes he pulled it out and looked at it, his eyes widened. He grabbed his phone and texted me.

---------------------
Grain

41°!! Omg, Im boiling!

Is there something I can help with?

No, no... its fine. I'll see you tomorrow?

Are you sure you'll be able to come tomorrow though? I mean, I don't think you'll feel better till tomorrow

Its okay dont worry about it

---------------------

Though I am worried. I gazed again outside the window at the parrot . He looked sick. Really sick. I hope he will be okay...

Grian's Pov

I woke up, feeling horrible. I opened my eyes, not wanting to even sit up. Eventually I did when I realized I didn't wake up to the same notification sound like every morning. I grabbed my phone tiredly and saw that Scar didn't send me a massage this morning. I glanced at the clock. "Shit... Im gonna be late for school" I muttered, my voice was raspy as ever.

I stood up slowly, almost tripping, and walked to my closet. I changed to my uniform, grabbed my bag, and walked straight out of my house. I didn't have the energy to run, but at least I'll only be five or ten minutes late.

Scar's Pov

"Hi Scar! Where's Grian?" Mumbo asked when I walked into class, knowing that sometimes Im waiting for Grian before school. "He seemed sick yesterday so I didn't even wake him up" I said, a picture of the sick avian flashed through my mind "Alright! Everybody sit down" the teacher said and I walked to my seat and sat down. The class was quite, Surprisingly, until GRIAN walked in.

"Grian. You look... neglected. Sit down" the teacher said. And he really did. His hair was all nessy and his tie wasn't tied all the way. Face still red as well as his eyes, he must've gotten up not so long ago. I watched him worriedly sitting down. "What are you doing here??" I whispered to him. He turned to me tiredly with half a glare. "I told you, I dont wanna be late" he answered. "But you're SICK!" I said, a little bit louder.

"Scar, keep it down please" The teacher said. I smiled awkwardly and turned back to Grian. "Sick, but still hasn't missed a school day the whole year" he said. his wings puffed up proudly with a smile. I sighed. This parrot can't take care of himself. "What did your mum said about that?" I asked, wondering why his mum let him go to school while he's sick. "Nothing, she and Roni are out of town" he answered as he turned back to the teacher.

• • •

I looked over at Grian's empty tray in confusion. "Grian, why aren't you eating?" I asked him. "Forgot to bring my money" he said with a chuckle. "you can have my pizza" I said, pointing at my Pizza. "Or mine" Iskall, Bdubs and Ren said at the same time. "No need. Im not hungry anyway" he giggeled.