41

Scar's Pov

"Hey... Why won't you talk to the doctors?" I asked, trying to look at the avian's face, but his head was deep in my chest. "We already had a grave t-together... It wouldn't be fair if... If you died and I-I wouldn't... I couldn't live with knowing t-that Im the reason you're dead..." He mumbled, his grip tighten on my back. It wasn't answering my question, but it seemed like suicidal thoughts went through his mind. I sighed. It could've ended badly if I would've been late. "Im here, Gri. Flesh and bones. Don't worry" I muttered, and he nodded.

Grian's Pov

I looked up at him, smiling brightly, and he smiled back. We stared at eachother for a few moments, till he broke the silence. "Gri, I have a question"
"Shoot" I responded. "Before the fire, you wanted to tell me something. What did you want to say?" He asked, and I felt my face starting to warm up. "U-uh..." I muttered looking away from the taller.

Confess... That's what went through my mind. And that what I was planning on doing... But now, am I sure I want to take this risk? I almost lost Scar... What if I'll lose him because of that?? Because he would feel awkward about it and reject me?? No no, that's too risky... I can't lose him now... "N-never mind... It's not important, I-I'll tell you later" I said, and Scar nodded.

Scar's Pov

"What are you doing here?? Which one of you is in the worng room?" The guard suddenly appeared behind us. We pulled away from the hug and stood next to eachother. It would've been a good idea to close the door and not leave it wide open. "I am. I'll see you tomorrow, alright?" I turned to Grian and he nodded.

• • •

Two days later, I was released from the hospital when they were sure my lungs were 100% free from smoke, and Grian was released a day after me, after they treated his wound better. Grian and I told the doctors everything that happened, and they now know everything. The police came by at one time, they told us that when they reached the forest, they saw Sam running out if there.

They stopped him and asked him a few questions, and eventually he admitted that he was the one who set the forest on fire, god knows why, and they arrested him. Good riddance, if you ask me. Since he was on trial Im hoping he will go to Jail for a loooong time.

I decided, since it's mine and Grian's first day at school after our time at the hospital, that we should walk together. I actually haven't seen him in a while, because he was released a day after me. "Scar!!" Grian called when he stepped out of his house. "Hi" I smiled at him. We walked to school, talking lightly and enjoying the fact that were still alive, and when we entered a bunch of girls ran toward us.

Grian's Pov

"Scar! How are you feeling??" One girl asked, standing in Scar's way and blocking him from walking further into the classroom. "G-good" The elf mumbled. "When we heard you were in the hospital we knew we had to get you something" the five girls that were now surrounding him handed him bouquets. "Oh wow- uhm... You know, Griii..." His voice trailed off when he glanced at me and saw me shaking my head. "... a-alright... Uh..." He cleared his voice, and I giggled.

"Gri, Don't leave me-" Scar whined quietly when he saw me walking away. I grinned and sat down in my chair. "Grian! How are you?" Mumbo asked, sitting down in his chair too. "Im good" I smiled at my mustached friend. "You left Scar to die there" Mumbo giggeled, glancing at the elf who was stounded by girls. "Left to die, huh..." I muttered under my breath. "What's worng with him? Why is he sad?" Iskall asked, sitting down next to Mumbo.

"What do you mean? He's totally fine! He just told me that he's good" Mumbo exclaimed, turning to the man beside him. "Mumbo, we talked about it, when Grian say he's fine, usually that's mean he's not" Iskall said, and I giggled. "That is true" Scar said when he walked pass us to his seat. "Woah. The girls really went all out for you" Iskall looked at the bouquets Scar just put under his table. "Well, nothing new" Mumbo said. "Y-yeah..." Scar mumbled, rubbing the back of his head.

I knew he was uncomfortable about the attention he gets from them. It always making me laugh, because he has so many options, so many girls, not even in our year that like him, but he doesn't like even one. I can't tell if im sad for my friend that he doesn't have a highschool sweetheart, or glad, because he doesn't have a highschool sweetheart.

• • •

"So Sam started the fire... And he's now in prison? And wait, he stabbed you, and you, Scar, stayed in the forest and-...what!? Im very confused" Iskall tilted his head, and both me and Scar laughed. "I have to take my English book from my locker. Can you keep explaining to them what happen?" I turned to Scar. "They'll have to wait, 'cause Im coming with you" Scar said, and I giggled. "You can't leave like this!!" Mumbo said as we started walking away.

"It's so funny how confused they looked" Scar giggeled as I unlocked my locker. "Yeah. We-"
"BATCHELOR, YOU ABSOLUTE MORON!!" Caleb yelled, running toward us. He was about to attack me, but Scar put his arm infront of me when Caleb was a few steps away from us. "Fuck off!" Scar glared at him. "You sent him again to jail, Grian!!" Caleb glared at me. "Sam did it to himself. He could've just... Leave the forest to be. Hell, leave Grian to be" Scar said.

Caleb groaned angrily and hit the locker next to him. I flinched from the noise, but Scar stayed still, looking at Caleb with a hard gaze. "Fuck!" Caleb half yelled, leaning on the locker he just hit. "You will pay for this, Batchelor! And I swear it will be the rightful price for sending my friend to suffer in prison twice" Caleb said, and before we could get a word in, he ran away. Both Scar and me sighed.

"Why are they so loyal to him? I don't understand. He's a murderer" Scar mumbled. "To be honest, I have no idea. But they always were. And they were the only ones that he was treating right" I replied.

-----
I might not publish a new part tomorrow, I have a few stuff I have to do irl. sorry-