78

Scar's Pov

I woke up and smiled. Today is my birthday, Grian will finally stop mocking me about the fact that he is older than me. I rolled over and met Grian's face. He was still asleep, and honestly I was glad.

I scooted a bit closer to Grian, wrapping my hands around his torso and pulling him closer to me, pecking the top of his head. I watched as his eyes slowly flattered open, my cheeks growing pink with each of his blinks.

"Good morning." I whispered, my voice still sounded like I've just woken up. "Morning..." He mumbled, smiling. His eyes slowly closed again, but then he shot them open, a quiet gasp escaping his lips.

"Happy birthday!!" He half yelled, pulling away from me and sitting up slightly. I giggled in respond. "Thank you." I smiled, my tone had much less excitement than Grian's. I spread my arms again, just wanting him to come lay with me again.

"We can't stay in bed, Scar, it's your birthday." Grian giggled, but I grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him down again. "Just for a little while..." I muttered, leaving his wrist and hugging him, pressing his head against the crook of my neck.

I felt him squirming, then saw his wings slowly lowering. "Okay... But we can't sleep through your birthday, y'know." He said, his voice softening with each word.

"I know. We can go out tonight. But right now, I just wanna feel you a bit..." I whispered to him, my cheeks flashing red. I heard him whining quitely, then felt his hands tugging my shirt. I smiled, closing my eyes.

For a few minutes there, everything was perfect. Just me, my boyfriend, and the silence of this forest. I wanted to hug him like this for a really long time now, I was thankful for the few minutes I had until my door slammed open.

"Happy birthday Scar!!" I heard a sudden yell, that made both me and Grian flinch. "Oh my god, you scared me." I laughed, still not letting go of Grian as I turned my head to them.

"What are you still doing in bed? We have a suprise for you! Get ready, dress up, we're going out." Grace said. I honestly really didn't feel like going out. I just wanted the day to myself and Grian.

I looked down at the avian in my arms, ho smiled as we made eye contact. "Fine, fine." I said, letting go of him and sitting up. "Do you wanna dress up first?" I asked, watching him sitting up. "You go ahead." He replied, getting out of bed.

•      •      •

"So where are we going?" I asked, letting Carson lead us down the road. "To my car." He responded. "That we're taking to...?" I questioned, stopping next to Carson's car. "You'll see." He giggeled, and I sighed, understanding I won't get anything from this conversation.

"In the front, birthday boy." Grace opened the door for me. I glanced down at Grian, who was staring at the seat with a nervous expression. "G? Do you wanna sit in the front?" I asked.

"Absolutely not." He replied, staring back at me and shaking his head, quickly opening the door to the back seat and entering. I giggled in confusion before getting into the front seat, next to Carson.

No one was saying anything for a while and minded their own business, listening to the stereo with pleasure, until Grace spoke.

"Grian? Where did you get that scar from?" I heard Grace asking, and raised my gaze from my phone to the rear view mirror to look at them. Grian looked at her then glanced down at his arm.

"A knife." He answered, looking back at her. "Did you stab yourself??" She asked, watching Grian put his hand over the scar and rubbing it gently. "Uh... No, just some guy." He chuckled.

I truly hope that scar will heal someday, I don't want him to have a reminder of that day for the rest of his life. "Awh. Come here." Grace spread her arms waiting for a hug, that Grian obviously didn't give.

He just glared at her as she scooted closer. "No." He said, backing away as her arms almost touched him. "Come on! You hug Scar all the time, why can't I have a hug??" She whined still trying to hug him.

"He's my boyfriend, all of my love and affection goes to him, fuck off!" He half-yelled, sticking his foot against her face, pushing the brunette away.

"But you're so cuddly!"

"I'm not your teddy bear, don't call me that!"

They continued fighting and my eyes softened as I cackled lightly. "Your boyfriend can be cold." Carson giggled, keeping his eyes on the road. "He's not cold, but I do think he enjoy annoying people." I laughed.

"Eh, well, still cold to me." He said. He sounded really upset, and my eyes saddened. "I'll try to convince him to hang out with you, I promise he's not like that once you get to know him." I said, and he half smiled at me.

After a few more minutes the car stopped, and I looked out of the window. "A theme park!" I exclaimed, getting out of the car. "You brought him to an amusement park. Do you know how long it takes to shut him up when he talks about disneyland??" I heard Grian saying. I turned around and watched all of them leaving the vehicle.

"We can't afford plane tickets, so you'll have to settle for this." Carson joked, standing beside me. "Not as good as Disneyland, but it will do." I laughed. We started walking toward the gate and stood in line to get the tickets.

"Did you know-"

"Don't even start, Scar." Grian cut me off. I turned to the blonde behind me. "It wasn't about the theme park, I don't know anything about this one!" I exclaimed. He looked at me suspiciously, but I continued.

"Disneyland's front gate-"

"I knew it."

-----
Im on a camping trip for the next week so updates will be a bit slow