Abandoned Series 2 : Contract Wife

Start from the beginning

Tired, Omkara stands up. "I'm going to tell Dad the truth. I can't let him handle the guests alone." Omkara says angry.

Omkara hated women. Ever since, his mother had ran off with another man, leaving behind his father and him, he hated women and knew they can't be trusted. Seeing that he was going to live his life as a bachelor, his father had been pestering him to get married. And he had always refused.

His nightmare had started when his father had declared last month that on this day, he has invited all the people they knew for his wedding reception, and he was to bring his wife, if not, then he would be disowned and his father would be humiliated in front of the world.

He didn't care about being disowned, but he couldn't have his father be humiliated, So, he had decided to get a contract wife for a year, and the obvious candidate was his best friend's sister, Ridhima.

Ridhima was trying to act in a movie since her teenage, and he promised to fund her movie if she agreed to be his wife for a year. And today, they were supposed to register their marriage and go for the wedding reception.

Sighing, Omkara starts to leave the room.

"Sir." Gauri calls him as she stepped in his way.

"Yeah?" Omkara turns to her.

"I'll marry you." Gauri tells him.

"What?" Omkara asks shocked.

"You just need a wife. I will marry you." Gauri tells him.

"Why would you do that?" Arjun asks immediately, frowning at her.

Gauri looks at Omkara and sees his watching her.

"I'll do anything for you." Gauri tells him as she looked at his eyes.

"Why?" Omkara asks frowning.

"Because I love you." Gauri tells him.

"What nonsense?" Omkara mutters and starts to walk off.

"What are you going to tell your father? The guests?" Gauri asks him. "You and your father will be humiliated."

Omkara stops and turns to her.

"Trust me, sir. When you ask me to leave, I'll leave. I'll sign any paper you want." Gauri tells him.

Omkara stops helplessly. He didn't particularly like any girl. Gauri wasn't an exception. It was only because of the company policy and the assistant he had chosen had left for better prospect that he had agreed to go with a female assistant. But she was one of the few person from the female species, who hasn't pissed him off. She was dedicated in her work and eager to do her job. On a professional level, maybe he trusted her.

"Your dad will never accept her." Arjun warns Omkara.

Omkara knew that was true. How much ever he loved his father, he knew his father was classist. So, Gauri, who was from a lower middle class background would never be accepted. But did he have a choice?

Omkara turns to his lawyer, and asks him, "How soon can you get the contract papers in her name ready?"

"You gotta be kidding me!" Arjun says exasperated.

"The one you suggested betrayed us! So, I've no options!" Omkara reminds him.

"I'll try calling Ridhima." Arjun says determined.

"She hasn't picked the call in the last four hours, she is not going to do it now." Omkara tells him.

"At the registrar's office, everything is set for Ridhima. You can't marry her there at such short notice. We need to submit a fresh application." Lawyer informs them.