Chapter 71: Show Me You Mean It

Zoe and I fought back to back, killing anyone who dared to try and hurt us, or her people. Winter even helped us out from the jeep, shooting anyone who tried to take a shot at us or Zoe's people.

It didn't take long for us to quell Andrea's little rebellion, as they were outnumbered, and quite frankly, Zoe was not someone you wanted to go against. Despite her preppy appearance, she was a beast of a fighter. Andrea lost the moment she challenged her.

Unfortunately, we had a few casualties, but most of the community was unharmed. I couldn't say the same for the rebels though...

Once we were sure the threat was gone, we relaxed and put our weapons away.

I turned to Zoe and pat her shoulder.
"You haven't lost your touch, still as vicious as a tiger."
She snorted and smirked at me.
"You're not bad yourself. Seems like you've grown up a little. You're not as weak as you once were.."
I smiled proudly and she nudged me.
"I could still beat you in a second flat though."
I rolled my eyes at her.
"You didn't yesterday. In fact, I'm pretty sure.."
"I still won though!"
"Only just."
"But I still won."
"You got beat by a kid."
"Sneak attacks by a malen'kiy demon don't count."
I hit the back of her head and tutted her.
"She's not a demon, she's an angel. You're just salty you lost to a kid."
She grumbled and rolled her eyes.
"Was not."
"You definitely were."
"Ugh, whatever."
I sniggered and nudged her.
"Koroleva dramy."
She clicked her tongue and huffed at me.
"Damn right. I'll get you back for it, malen'kiy krolik. Tigr vsegda lovit svoyu dobychu."
I smiled and shook my head.
"Mhm, whatever you say, koroleva dramy."

We stopped our bickering and decided to check on everyone before we left.

Despite the fact that the fire had made its way to Woodbury's walls, we weren't in a rush. The concrete buildings didn't stop the fire, but they did slow it down, giving us enough time to help those who needed it.

Since I knew more about injuries than Zoe did, I helped her doctor patch up the injured, whilst she took a few of her people and did a quick sweep of the area, just to make sure none of the rebels had got away.

By the time she got back, I had already done the best I could do, with what we had on hand, and helped as many people as possible.

The moment she got back, she ordered everyone into their vehicles, then made her way to me.

She stopped beside me and whispered on my ear.
"I'm sure everyone's dead, but I couldn't find Andrea anywhere, dead or alive."
She clicked her tongue and tutted.
"Chertova zmeya."
I looked to her out the corner of my eye.
"I presumed you had killed her? She wasn't anywhere near you by the time I got to your side, so I figured she was dead somewhere.."
She clicked her tongue and shook her head.
"I did. But apparently, it appears she's survived..."
I let out a deep breath a nodded.
"Anyone else who survived?"
She shook her head.
"No. Just her."
"Good. She's alone."
I sighed deeply and crossed my arms.
"Though, that doesn't mean she isn't a threat anymore..."
Zoe hummed and rested her hand on my shoulder.
"I'll keep my eye out, but I doubt she'll live, I split her guts open."
She smiled and dragged me back to the jeep.
"Besides, even if she does survive, what's she gonna do against a whole armed prison? Ona zmeya bez klykov."
I sighed and nodded.
"You have a point, but still-"
"You need to relax a little. You've got me watching your back now. You seriously think I'd let some dumbass bimbo kill you?"
I snorted and shook my head.
"No, you wouldn't."
She smacked my back and grinned.
"Exactly! So stop worrying about her and focus on how your gonna get your leader to let us in."
"Alright, just don't do anything stupid and let me do the talking."
She saluted me as she opened the jeeps door.
"Will do, moya lyubov'."