Chapter 32: Call Me Governor

AN//: There is sexual harassment in this chapter, so if that triggers you, please skip it and wait for the next update! I love you all, stay healthy ❤️❤️

It had been a few days since we were kidnapped...at least...I think it had? It's hard to tell. The man who tortured us, I learned, was called Merle. He came in every now and then, giving us just enough water to live, but he didn't give us any food. Well, I say us, I didn't know for sure if Maggie was being treated the same, but when I asked her she said she was.

We didn't talk too much when we were left alone. I wanted to, I really did, but we got caught one time and got beaten half to death. I wasn't scared of getting beaten, and perhaps neither was Maggie, but that didn't mean I wanted to be beaten and her, even more so.

I heard muffled voices and footsteps approach and walk into the room beside me. It was time, Merle was interrogating Maggie again. I listened closely.

"I've given you enough time, Merle. It's time to do it my way." I heard an unfamiliar voice talk.
Merle seemed to grumble.
"Sure, whatever you say, boss man."

I heard footsteps, then the screeching of a chair on the floor.
"Hello darlin', let's have a little chat." The voice said.

He talked to Maggie for a while and whoever he was, he was good at talking. I couldn't hear too much, but I could tell he was cunning. He tried to get in Maggie's head. Scare her. Blackmail her. He did anything and everything he could to make her talk, but none of it worked.

I soon heard punches and grunts. I closed my eyes and clenched my teeth. He didn't seem to stop and Merle seemed to laugh behind him. Maggie then let a small yell of pain slip out, that made me lose it. I couldn't take it. Not them hurting her like that.

I shuffled my chair slightly forward, then pushed it backwards, hard, slamming it against the wall.
"HEY, BOSS MAN." I called.
I heard the room next door go silent, apart from Merle's chuckles.
"Bring her" I heard the man command, walking out of Maggie's room.

I heard footsteps, shuffling and grunting. Then I saw a man with a bandage on his eye walk in, followed by Merle shoving a very dishevelled looking Maggie. Merle grabbed a chair and threw Maggie onto it. She now sat beside me. The other man sat on the table in front of us. Merle guarded the door.

"Well, hello darlin'." He started.
"Drop the chat." I said.
Merle chuckled.
"Told ya', this one's lippy." He said.
The other man shook his head.
"No,no. Just straight to the point. I like that."
He leaned a bit closer.
"You can call me the, Governor. I run this...little community we have here." He said spending his arms.
"What do you want from us?" Maggie asked.

The Governor tutted and and stroked his handgun. He shook his head at us like he looked down on us, pitied us.
"You know what I want. And you haven't been cooperating. But I understand.."
He began to walk towards us.
"Merle was askin', he don't play nice now does he?"
Merle scoffed.
"What I want is a civilised discussion. A little chat, that's all."

I laughed and leaned back.
"A civilised discussion? What you were doing in there sure didn't sound too civilised."
He shook his head and looked Maggie in the eyes.
"Now, now. Merle's a free man, he goes a bit...wild sometimes, like a dog, you see? Especially when he doesn't get his way, but me? No, no, I'm not like that."
"Oh, really? Do tell."
He nodded and smiled.

"I didn't kill you despite your uncooperative nature. I even spared your lives after you killed three of my men. You have to understand, my people wanted you dead for what you did. But I've given you the benefit of the doubt, you've gotta work with me here. I know you understand how it is. I have people to protect. So do you. But that's why i can't take this lightly." He said innocently.