Chapter 56: Denial

~Maggie's P.O.V~

Just as that bastard jammed a knife into Y/n's eye, before any of us could even do anything, we were thrown out the door and locked out.

I banged on the door, scratching, clawing, kicking...I tried everything to get it open again, to try and get back inside to save her...But Glenn ended up pulling me away.

I thrashed around in his arms, kicking and clawing at him.
"LET ME GO! WE HAVE TO SAVE HER!" I cried.
"Maggie...calm down..." He pleaded.
I managed to shove him off of me and slapped him hard in the face.
"You want to calm down? CALM DOWN!? Y/N IS IN THERE GETIN' FUCKIN' TORTURED AND YOU WANT ME TO CALM DOWN!?"
Glenn held his cheek, which was rapidly turning red and he began to cry.
"I know...I know..." He whispered.
My anger faded to sadness and I began to break-down.
"She's...it's..."

I dropped to my knees. All my strength seemed to leave my body entirely. I clutched my locket and began to sob. But I soon dried my tears and my anger slowly came back.

"We have to..help her..There's got to be another way in! There has to!" I yelled.
"How!? She was the only one who..." Glenn argued.
Daryl let out a loud yell, catching both of our attention, and he kicked the door hard, making a loud bang.
"FUCKIN' BASTARDS!"
He began to pace as Glenn and I watched.
"Treatin' bunny like that...I'll...I'll..I'll fuckin' rip their throats out!"
"You and I both." I spat.

He began to kick at the door and I joined him, both of us trying to kick it down. We continued that way for a long time, until our anger faded as our energy ran out.

I slid down the door and began to knock on it, pleading for them to open up, and Daryl just headbutted the door in one last futile attempt to open it.

"Stop...please...stop.." Glenn begged.
I heard him approach us and he pulled both of us away from the door.
"You won't get in like that..."
Daryl shoved Glenn away and began to pace again.
"So what!? Ye want us to just...to just leave 'er there!?"
"Of course not...but...if we want to help...we have to calm down..think.."
I took a shakey breath and wiped away my tears.
"You're right...you're right...we need to...we need to think..."
Daryl let out a low grumble and kicked the door one last time before nodding.
"Alrigh'..."

We grabbed our weapons that they had thrown out with us, and I took a deep breath, trying to calm down. But I couldn't...

They had her...They were torturing her..
I gripped my machete tightly and stroked the blade as my tears dropped onto it. She sacrificed...
Just so we wouldn't be defenceless...
I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces as I continued to look at the blade...I almost couldn't bare to even hold it.

"We can..we can go back to the apartment...get our guns.." I suggested quietly, my voice had broken from all the crying.
Glenn seemed unsure.
"But the noise..."
"Fuck the noise! They have bunny! I'll shoot the whole fuckin' city up if I have te!"
I nodded in agreement and gripped my machete so tight that my knuckles went white.
"It doesn't matter if walkers come. In fact, I'd rather they do. They can tear that fucker limb from limb." I spat.
Glenn's face soured as I mentioned the men inside and he immediately agreed.
"Guns it is. But...how are we getting inside..?"
"Ram the fuckin' doors!" Daryl spat.
"That's stupid." I retorted.
"It'll work!"
"You could kill Y/n you fuckin' idiot!" I spat.
After I had said that, Daryl reconsidered his opinion.
"Maybe not then..." He grumbled.
"We could...smash a window...?" Glenn suggested.
Daryl scoffed.
"They're all boarded. What ye gonna smash em with? Yer fuckin noodle arms?"
"I don't know! It's just a suggestion! Okay!?" Glenn exclaimed, frustrated.
"I...we could...smash the glass on the roof.." I muttered.
The two of them sighed.
"There's no way to get up there." Daryl said softly.
"Even if there was...it's a long drop inside.." Glenn added.
I felt tears begin to form again.
"I know..." I whispered.