Chapter 60: Winter's Here

It's been a month since I came back to the prison, and winter has finally fully arrived. The prison yard is filled with snow so thick, that when Coco and Cream go outside, their heads only just pop out.

We haven't left the prison at all. Rick and Daryl only did a few extra little runs before locking up for winter, just in case what we got wasn't enough. But, no-one has left since then.

The prison was freezing, but we managed to find enough blankets, coats and thick clothing in general, to keep us warm. We even managed to find some extra gas and a few heaters to keep us going.

Despite everything, winter had settled in well, both the season and my new daughter. She still rarely left mine or Maggie's side, the only time she did was when she was accompanied by Coco and Cream, or when she was with Daryl. Much to my dismay, and Maggie's efforts, we tried to get her to play with Sofia and Carl, but everytime we placed her with them, she just ran away. So in the end, we just let her do what she wants. Well, I do...Maggie's a bit more strict.

I was playing with Coco, outside in the courtyard, when Maggie stormed over and stopped in front of me. I looked up, to see her very unamused face and her hands on her hips. I immediately knew that I was about to get scolded...

I made a small heart with snow and held it up to her.
"I love you?" I squeaked.
She hit the snow out my hand.
"Winter has a cold!"
"Most people do? It's cold out.."
She huffed and rolled her eyes.
"You took her outside! In this weather!"
"I wanted to play with her..."
"Play inside, not outside! She's small! She gets sick easy!"
I pouted and poked the snow.
"I just want her to have fun. She has to have some happy memories..."
Maggie sighed and crouched in front of me, planting a small kiss on my forehead.
"I know, baby...just...just be more careful please. Don't spoil her too much. The world isn't the same as it was..."
I huffed and looked away from her.
"Hershel gets to spoil her..."
"Dad's her granpa, of course he'll spoil her."
"And I'm her mom!"
She pinched my cheeks.
"Which means you should be more careful. Survival first, fun later."
I pinched her cheeks in retaliation.
"I was right, you are a nagging wife."
"And you're a childish one."
"No, I'm the fun parent. There's a difference."
"So what am I? The strict one?"
"Yes-"

She rolled her eyes and pushed me into the snow, but I didn't go down easy and pulled her down with me. My back was slammed into the snow, and Maggie landed on top of me, her stern face fading into a smirk. Our fall scared Coco off, so we were left all alone.

Maggie smirked down at me and traced her finger along my jawline.
"I'm sure you remember how fun I can be, my little bunny." She whispered.
I looked away and tried to push her off.
"Maggie.."
She leaned into my ear.
"So you didn't find it fun?"
I looked to her.
"I didn't say that. I-"
She grinned, making me groan.
"Such a tease.." I mumbled.
She blew on my ear, melting away the cold.
"We haven't had time alone lately..."
I tugged at her coat, playing with the zipper.
"Well, we have a daughter now..."
She chuckled and kissed my neck.
"I feel like you love her more than me sometimes.."
I grabbed her face and kissed her, biting her lower lip.
"You know that's not true. You're my one and only, cowgirl." I mumbled.

She began to take off my coat and played with my hair. One of her hands slipped its way up my shirt, making it's way to my breasts. Her cold hands against my skin made me shiver, but not from the cold.

I continued to kiss her, deepening our kiss, blending our tongues together, both of us moaning into each others mouths. I pulled her as close to me as I could, to keep her warm as I took off her coat. I slid my hand into her jeans and began to please her.