Chapter 43: ~Mine~

A/N: WARNING: There is ~sexual~ content in this chapter. So if it's not your cup of tea, just wait till the next chapter! Love you all! Enjoy~~ 😘❤️

"Maggie?" I breathed, pushing the hatch open fully, so my whole torso was poking out.
She stared at me in disbelief.
I looked past her and saw Glenn, who looked rather....embarrassed.
"Glenn." I nodded.
Glenn fumbled with his fingers awkwardly.
"Y-y/n" He nodded.

I fully came out the hatch, closing it behind me and walked over to the two of them. Maggie refused to look at Glenn and well, she gave me a few glances every now and then.

"Am I interrupting-?"
"NO." Maggie yelled, jumping forwards in her seat slightly.
It took me by suprise by how loud and fast she had answered. As for Glenn, it seemed to make him even more nervous.
"Are you sure-?"
"YES!" Maggie answered.

We all looked at each other as the room went silent for a moment. I looked at Maggie, who looked at me and seemed to huff. Then I looked to Glenn, who just looked down at his hands like an awkward schoolboy getting caught doing something he shouldn't. No-one spoke for a good few seconds. Only the crickets and soft moans of walkers could be heard.

Maggie cleared her throat and turned in her chair, looking to Glenn.
"He was just leaving, weren't you, Glenn?"
Glenn looked up at the sudden mention of his name and nodded erratically.
"I..uh..yeah..I guess..no-YES. I was..."
I raised a brow as he continued fumbling.
"Uh, you sure?"
He nodded frantically and walked over to me, opening the hatch to leave.
"He was just telling me something." Maggie said.
"Right..."

I watched Glenn awkwardly start to climb down the hatch. Once only his head was poking out the top, he shyly smiled and said goodnight, then closed the hatch and left.

I stood frozen for a few moments, a bit confused. Why was Glenn up here with Maggie? My stomach started to twist and turn as thoughts began to race through my head. His face was red and he was a nervous mess....they didn't...did they? My heart began to sink to my feet and I felt my throat grow tight.

I licked my lips and sighed, turning back to Maggie.
"Are you sure I wasn't-"
"You didn't interrupt anything." She quickly cut me off.
I held my hands up in surrender.
"Alright, princess. Whatever you say."
She scoffed and slammed her book shut on the desk, only turning her head to me.
"You act like more of a princess than I do, city girl."
"Mmm, no. You definitely act like one. You've got the attitude and everything." I smirked.
She scoffed again.

She turned in her chair to face me, leaning back and crossing her arms. The moon lit up her face and...she looked gorgeous. I mean...she always looked gorgeous but, the moonlight made her chocolate eyes twinkle in the most alluring way...I just wanted to...

I cleared my throat and leaned on the desk beside her. I glanced at the book in front of her.
"You...uh...that.."
She raised a brow and then looked to the book and her face lit up with a mischievous smirk.
"Mm? What about it?" She hummed.
"You do..uh...know what kinda book that is...right?"
She rested her head on her hand and looked up to me smugly.
"Of course I do."
I glanced at the book and then back to her, meeting her eyes.

Her eyes glinted in the moonlight and she smirked, licking her lips. The saliva that was on her lips now made them shine in the moonlight. I wanted to...she looked very...alluring, like a forbidden fruit. I felt my face heat up and looked away from her. I heard her chuckle softly, though something about it seemed like...she enjoyed this?

"I see...I just...I didn't picture you reading something like that." I said, turning back to face her, resting a hand on the desk.
She chuckled again and stroked the book.
"Normally? No. But...well, I need something to entertain myself, don't I?"
I felt my face immediately heat up again.
"Ah.."
She tilted her head and smirked.
"Have you read it?"
I shook my head.
"Not..uh...not my kinda thing.."
"Oh? Then how do you know it?"
"A friend...she was...obsessed, let's say..."