Introduction: End of the world!

"God those lessons go on forever" muttered Zoe from beside me. We were on our way out of our classroom, heading to lunch. God knows where we'd end up, Zoe always dragged me somewhere different. I simply hummed at her complaint.

As we exited our department building, Zoe smacked the back of my head, knocking out an earphone, which was luckily wired.

"Zoe!" I complained, facing her as we walked down the college campus.
"You weren't listening" She shrugged. I rolled my eyes and put my earphones away. Stopping, in the middle of the pavement.
"Alright, alright, sorry. What did you say?" I sighed.
"You took notes right..?" She questioned, a grin on her face, as she clutched my arm. Ah, I knew where this was going.
"You fell asleep didn't you?" I stated with a disapproving tone, side eyeing her.
"OH COME, ON! Like, how am I supposed to stay awake when the teacher goes on and on and on and on and on-"
"Alright! I'll copy you some" I interrupted her. "You seriously should have picked drama instead, you know?" I chuckled, slapping her hand off.

I was about to start walking again when she suddenly grabbed my arm harshly.
"Thank youuuu. I love youu." She winked. And I rolled my eyes.

We took a few steps, and were almost at the parking lot when Zoe nudged me.
"What the fuck are they doing?" She nodded ahead of us to a group of people. I turned to match her gaze.

They seemed to be fighting? No, they definitely were fighting. It's then, when I noticed all the blood and wounds on the people. And then the screams pierced my ears. The screams and yelling.

Some teachers rushed out the reception building, which they were fighting in front of, to break up the fight. And they did manage to pull the aggressor off the victim, but not without sustaining a horrible bite wound.

My attention then went to the victim on the floor. Their breathing seemed to stop and students, teachers, anyone around, huddled around them.

"OMG SHE'S FUCKING DEAD. THAT PSYCHO KILLED HER!" Screamed a girl, from beside the corpse. But just as she did, the dead girl woke up and attacked the screaming girl beside her, taking a huge bite out of her neck.

"Okay, what the actual fuck?" I heard Zoe mutter beside me. She grabbed my arm tight a scowl on her face as she started to dial numbers on her phone.
"This isn't right.."

My attention turned back to the group of people, and in the mere seconds I had looked away, it seemed everything had gone to shit. The bitten teacher turned to attack the other. And other students seemed to be attacking each other too.

"We need to leave, call someone. Ambulance, police, ANYONE. I can't get through. Y/n call them!" Zoe ordered beside me, tugging me away to her car. But my feet froze as I gazed up once more.
"I don't think that will help.." I mumbled as I pointed to the scene. She followed my gaze, lowering her phone from her ear.

The girl who had a chunk bitten out of her seemed to have died. But those around her didn't care, in fact they seemed to be eating her. Ripping her guts out, tearing her flesh and digging into her. When they appeared done they moved to another.

"Okay, we're fucking leaving, fuck this." Yelled Zoe over many screams as we ran to her car. I didn't dare look back at the scene, nor at the screams of many students behind me. I. Did. Not. Dare.

As we got into her car I dialed the police. Their line was busy. Then the ambulance. Busy too. The fire department, anyone. They all were busy.
"What the fucks going on?" I breathed.

Just then a person threw themselves at Zoe's car. They were covered in blood and seemed to be snarling. I locked my door and Zoe did the same.
"Is that..-"
"Yeah, that's, Joey." I finished. At least I thought it was.
"What the hell is he doing?" She shrieked as he started headbutting the windshield to get in. Blood started to splatter across the window.
"I don't know...he seems...not right." I whispered.
"You're telling me." She huffed, honking at him. "MOVE!"

Just then, more people seemed to rush at our car. I nudged Zoe.
"We need to go.."
Zoe nodded, and started up the car.
"Sorry, Joey. But, I did say move." She muttered as she put her foot down and sped off, hitting Joey as she left.

"What's going on?" I asked, running my fingers through my hair.
"End of the fucking world" Zoe chuckled. I hit her arm and she laughed some more.
"Fucks knows, but I know we're leaving." She stated.