Chapter 53: Call Me Cupid

We've been here for a few days now and have made a couple trips back and forth from the mall, taking whatever we needed and storing it back at Zoe's. Today, the plan was the same, however, I had something else planned too.

Since the mall was safe, and we fortified it a little more during our trips, we were allowed to split up, so long as we stayed close that is. So whilst no-one was looking, I slowly began to prepare for my plan.

I've been preparing a certain store for a date with Maggie. And today, was the day I was going to take her.

We did our normal routine; breakfast, chat, drive, check the perimeter, then split up.

As soon as Glenn and Daryl had split from Maggie and I, I grabbed her hand and nudged her.
"I have a suprise for youuu." I sang.
She rolled her eyes and smirked, swinging my hand.
"Oh? And what's that?"
"If I told you it wouldn't be a suprise."
She rolled her eyes.
"What are you plannin' now?"
I grinned, letting go of her hand and took off my bandana from my wrist. I looked up to her and smirked.
"Do you trust me?"
She raised a brow.
"You kidnappin' me?"
"Maybe."
She snorted and lifted my hands to her head.
"I trust you."
I chuckled and wrapped the bandana around her eyes, blindfolding her.
"Good."
I gently took her arm and lead her to the store I had prepared.
"You'll love it, I promise."
She chuckled.
"You sound confident....What if I don't like it?"
I huffed.
"Oh, you'll love it. I know it."
"We'll see."

I lead her to the stores entrance and stopped her at the door. I took her blindfold off and she looked at me puzzled.

I had stopped her in front of a store which you couldn't see into. I had covered the windows with thick curtains, leaving the inside a mystery.

I opened the door and motioned Maggie to go inside, through the curtain.
"Was the blindfold necessary?"
I just hummed and nodded to the door.
"You and your mysteries..." She muttered, walking past me and through the curtains.

As soon as I followed her inside, I almost bumped into her. She had stopped in the doorway, in shock. Her hands seemed to tremble over her mouth and her eyes began to tear up. Seeing her expression, I immediately panicked and hugged her, brushing her hair.

"I'm sorry. If you don't like it-"
She cut me off with a kiss, then pulled away, her eyes watering.
"I love it." She whispered.
"But-"
She chuckled and hugged me tightly, resting her head on my shoulder.
"I wasn't expecting this...you..."
She began to stammer, at a loss for words, but eventually managed to find them.
"This means everything to me. It's beautiful, y/n."
I pulled away a little and looked into her eyes.
"Are you sure?"
She chuckled and cupped my cheeks.
"It's the sweetest thing someone has ever done for me, and you did it. Of course I love it."
I leaned in and kissed her cheek, then her lips.
"I'm glad. It was a pain to pull off with you nagging me all the time..."
She chuckled and slapped my arm.
"I can imagine..."

I had cleaned out a furniture store and rearranged it for her. I placed a queen sized bed in front of a TV and VHS/DVD player. I surrounded the bed with petals and candles, forming a heart around it. I did the same to the rest of the store, decorating it with candles, petals and flowers, forming hearts wherever I could. The whole store was dimly lit by candles and scented the store with a sweet flowery smell. I also found a bunch of movies and snacks for us and placed them on the bed, as well as a fluffy blanket and cozy pyjamas.

It was a pain, but I also managed to return power to this store, by finding a small generator in the hardware store and repairing it. I linked it to the TV and player, making our own little cinema.

"How did you even manage to.." Maggie began, walking over to the bed and stroking the blanket, looking around in wonder.
I shrugged and strolled over.
"It's the end of the world. I have time for anything."
She snorted, looking to me and placed her hand on her hips.
"You know what I mean. How? When?"
I sighed and scratched my head.
"When you weren't looking. Fixed stuff up and used some junk people left behind..and voilà."
"You're sneakier than I thought."
I bowed and grinned at her.
"Cupid at your service."
She snorted and threw me a pair of the pyjamas.
"Show me what you planned then, Cupid."
"Let's get started then..."