Chapter 45: Morning After

I slowly opened my eyes, hearing birds tweet in the distance and feeling a soft, cold breeze flow through the windows that made me shiver. I tried to get up but something was weighing me down.

I turned slightly, seeing Maggie beside me, her arms gripping me tightly in a warm embrace. Memories of last night flooded through my head and I softly smiled at her. We were both still naked, snuggling on the floor.

"Maggie.." I called.
She only groaned in response, still asleep.
I chuckled and shuffled, to fully face her.
"Mags."
She groaned again and snuggled into the crook of my neck.
I couldn't help but smile. I played with her hair as she lay on top of me.
"It's time to get up, you know?" I whispered.
She peeked up at me, a small scowl on her face.
"Just stay with me here."
I felt my heart melt a little hearing her sleepy voice, whilst I continued to twirl her hair.
"Mn, you know I'd love to. But we have stuff to do."
She sighed and moved her head to my chest.
"Like what? Kill walkers? Rick hardly needs help with that."
"You're not wrong." I hummed.

I felt another breeze sweep through the room, making both me and Maggie shiver a little. I smiled at her and kissed her head.

"Well, I'd like to get dressed at least..."
She chuckled and reluctantly let go, only doing so after she kissed my cheek.
"Mn, it is quite cold. Winters pretty much here already..." She sighed.
"Precisely why we have things to do." I sassed.
She rolled her eyes and began to gather her clothes.
"Yeah, I suppose...Still think Rick could go a day without us."
"Thought you said I'd be the tired one?" I smirked.
She smirked back, throwing me my jeans.
"Oh, I'm not tired..."

My jeans landed in my face, making her chuckle. I pulled them off my head, and in the short time that it took me to do so, she had crept her way over to me with a big smirk on her face. She leaned in and whispered in my ear seductively, making butterflies swarm in my stomach.

"I could go for another round.."
Her hot breath made my body shiver. She pulled away, looking at me with a satisfied smirk.
I quickly grabbed her shirt from nearby and shoved it into her chest.
"Behave yourself, cowgirl."
She chuckled and walked away, continuing to gather her clothes.
"Did I tire you out, y/n?" She teased.
I groaned and continued gathering my own clothes.

My groan was the only answer She needed to know that she was correct, which she was. I was indeed tired. Maggie was sweet, but, I definitely saw a different side to her last night...a more wild side...

We quickly gathered all of our clothes, which we had thrown all over the place, and got dressed. Maggie got dressed quickly and so did I, until I ran into a small problem...

"Uh, Mags?"
She hummed, tilting her head at me.
I looked at her, giving her a playful scowl, holding my shirt up to her.
"You want me to dress you?" She teased.
I groaned and threw it at her.
"You ripped it."
She caught my shirt and examined it, soon letting out a loud laugh.
"So I did." She said proudly.
"That's not a good thing!" I scolded.
"Oh, how's that?" She teased.
"I can't go back into the prison in my bra!" I said dramatically, waving my arms.
"I think you look great." She teased, winking.
I face-palmed and tried looking for a jacket.

As I searched the room for a jacket, the air got a bit chillier, making me shiver. I heard Maggie sigh, then the next thing I knew, her two warm arms wrapped around me and she rested her head on my shoulder.

"Better?" She whispered.
I nodded and hummed in response.
She kissed my shoulder, then rested her chin on it, leaning her head against mine.
"I think I left my jacket out on the railings last night. I'll go get it for you."
I turned my head to look at her.
"What about you?"
She smiled and kissed my forehead.
"We're only walking to the cell block. I'll be fine. Besides, I have a shirt, you don't." She teased.
I rolled my eyes and snuggled into her embrace.
"And who's fault is that?" I teased back.
She chuckled and pulled away.
"Oh, the credit is all mine." She grinned.