🖤

I am way too tired mentally to think about titles. Feel free to suggest anything.

Damn... I'm still alive... What a surprise... heh.

I'm projecting to Dream. Eh.

Enjoy, or whatever, I guess.

Dream always had an insecurity.... if you could call it that. He was afraid of being too much. He was afraid of everyone leaving him. He was an overthinker, and he knew that.

"Are you sure I am not annoying you too much?" He asked Technoblade one day, who looked at him with disbelief. This wasn't the first time Dream asked this. After being left behind and thrown away so many times, the blond man started questioning everything he did. It wasn't good for him, but Techno didn't know how to help him.

"Yes. You are my best friend, Dream. You aren't annoying." The blond just nodded. The two met when they started high school. Dream came with two of his best friends to escape the hostile enviormemt of his past school, and he started to talk to the pinkett randomly. Techno loved that memory. Dream loved to help people, he was always so happy... And then a big virus broke out, and online school started. Techno clearly remembers the day Dream called him, crying...

Techno was in the living room, listening to Wilbur's rambling, when he got a phone call. The ringtone was happy pills, a music he shoved Dream. He picked it up and heard the sobbs from the other end of the line. He instantly left to his room.

"Dream? What's wrong?" His voice was laced with concern as he sat down on the bed.

All that he could understand was that Sapnap and George, Dream's two oldest friends, left him. They wrote him a message on messenger, telling him they no longer considered him a friend. Dream had a problem with trusting, Techno knew that ever since they first met. And he had his demons from the past.

Ever since then, Dream was afraid of losing more people. He kept all of his friends as close as he could, creating a group chat for all of them. The others were sweet, and Techno gained a few new friends.

Dream was popular in their school, which he loved. He had tons of friends, but he wasn't close to them. He wore a fake persona, and Techno couldn't see under it anymore.

Techno had his own demons, small, precize wounds littered his arms. Dream always looked at them with sadness, gently touching them. Dream always respected his boundaries...

"But... Are you sure I'm not guilt tripping you into being my friend?" Techno placed a comforting hand on his tight.

"Yes. Why would you ever think that?"

"Because... Well, I'm always talking about my past and... And maybe you just pity me and you are only friends with me because you want to be nice." Tears gathered in Dream's eyes as he spoke.

"I'm friends with you because you are an amazing person, okay?" Dream didn't answer, as he stood up, that energetic mask back on.

"Gotta go, math is starting soon. Bye Tech!" He said with a big smile before he skipped away.

♤♤♤♤

"Do you like my company?" Dream asked one afternoon when they were hanging out. Techno froze in confusion.

"Wha- of course I do! Why wouldn't I?" He had a bad feeling about this.

"Oh well, mom asked if you enjoy hanging out with me too... I think so! But... She says I have a habit of hanging around people who hate me..." Techno's blood boiled. Dream's mother wasn't the best, far from it. But this...

"Dream, your mother doesn't know anything. I like your company, and I like you because you are an amazing, kind, and honest person."

Dream immediately changed tomics after that.

♤♤♤♤

"I think I manipulate you inzo being my friend." Techno turned to Dream in disbelief. The boy was amazing at manipulation, Techno knew that much.

"What?"

"I mean... I manipulate people as a defence mechanism... I don't want to, I promise... But..."

"Dream, I am not being manipulated by you. I am your friend because you are fun and a good person! Others don't see your true colours, and that is their fault." He said, hugging Dream who immediately hugged back. The blond was always touch starved, always loved any physical touch. It was one of his love languages.

♧♧♧♧

Dream was afraid. He felt like Techno and him started slipping apart. He felt like he finally reeled him away. He always does this. He can't keep friendships! He felt panic rise in his chest, but he forced it down. No, no, no, that isn't true. Techno was his best friend, but he wasn't Techno's only one. He can't be around him forever. Dream knew that. He was possessive over his friends... But he needed to respect their boundaries.

Techno always reassured him they'll be friends untill the end.... But Sapnap always said that
... And so did many others before...
He looked himself in the mirror. At first, he found himself pretty, but the more he looked, the more he noticed the mistakes on his face. He shook his head again. He was okay. He was fine. He did not eye his sculpting knife, nor the headache pills longer than a few moments.

Techno promised.

But so did many others before.