Blood packt pt7

Tw for... I dunno, after drug state but it actually doesn't make sense?

Dream was dozing off, brain fuzzy and fogged, and he tried to make sense of what was happening. It was kinda like how a thrall felt, but there was no command repeating in his head. Instead, his instincts seemed to strengthen, focusing on his survival and blocking every thought he could have had.

Humans are marvellous creatures. They have instincts like every other breathing creature on this planet, yet they can bury it deep inside of their minds, just to live up to a social standard. No other creature, be it a vampire or a house cat, can do that. Humans eat when they want to, no matter if they are hungry or not, humans can throw away their children regardless of the consequences, or the environment. They don't know their place in the food chain, they see their instincts as chains that need to be broken.

But when you help those feelings to strengthen, they come back with a full force.

Throughout the daze, a muted sound of knocking was registered to the blond, and he started to panic for some reason. He couldn't quite wrap his head around his feelings, but he went along. He hid under the blankets like a child hiding from the monsters of the night. The door opened with a silent creak, and light steps entered the room. It was similar to Phil's, but there wasn't the suffocating force that made you want to just run and hide. Dream's breathing hitched when he heard the steps coming closer, until the blanket was raised a bit, brown eyes with a reddish undertone met hazed green, and a strange voice left the vampire.

A coo.

"Well hello there. Aren't you just a darling? I'm Wiliam Soot Craft, you can call me Wilbur. What's your name?" The kind smile made Dream calm down, becoming almost boneless, basking in the kind words, while mumbling his name almost inaudibly. He curls up into a ball, mind content with the calm presence of the predator he was hiding from mere minutes ago.

That was the moment his brain clicked.

What the hell was wrong with him? Suddenly, like lightning, adrenalin ran through his body and he shot up, heart drumming in his chest, backing away from the man.

"What have you done to me?! What do you want?!" He demanded, voice shakey and filled with fear-coated determination. Wilbur smiled, flashing his teeth, posture calm and collected.

"We needed to keep you in a bit of haze, ya know? So you would sleep without nightmares. But seeing you kickin' and well, I suppose we can talk now, like normal beings. I haven't caught your name yet."

"It's Dream." The human deflated, the shock and want to fight slowly got replaced by a sad understanding. He was in the lion's den. Being hostile does him no good, and he can't run. They would catch him.

"Wonderful!" Wilbur clapped his hands, and the blond flinched. "Let's play 21 questions!" The grin the brunett vampire sent him was chilling to the bone, and Dream remembered stories about humans being forced to amuse the siren, Wilbur, the second, and only blood-related, son of the family. Humans can do a lot of things for their lives, and even though Dream gave up long ago, he could play. He could satisfy the vampire, because he wasn't useless.

He wasn't.

Now with a clear mind, he sat up and looked, truly looking at the guy. He was pale, impossibly so, fangs poking out from slightly rosy lips. How was that possible? His eyes were a reddish brown colour, maroon maybe. His hair was curly and dark brown. He was wearing a really ugly yellow sweater, with a lighter brown trenchcoat on top. A red beanie covered the back of his head, and he had an emerald pin of a four-leaved clover stuck to it.

"Twenty-one questions?" He asked back, and after he earned a nod, he gave his yes to play the game.

I kinda owe this to yall from yesterday. Welp, have a nice day!