Bonus Chapter ~ 2

"Just get me the files of last month's sales

"Just get me the files of last month's sales." I asked Tara and she nodded, adding it to her list of things to do.

It was a regular day at work. I was her giving some important notes about the upcoming meeting, while pacing too and fro in the office.

The sun set behind the huge buildings, and the sky was coloured in reddish hues. I was nowhere close to finishing my work and might have to spend some extra time in the office.

I hate working extra hours. I was dying to complete the work and go home to Anisha and our two babies. I wanted to have dinner with them and then cozy ourselves under the warm blanket as we watched some movies.

I forced my attention back to work so I could complete it as soon as possible. I started dictating the rest about the meeting to Tara while staring out the window.

"And their gross marketing sales are..." I was saying when I heard a muffled chuckle from behind me.

Turning around, I found Tara's face puffed up as she tried to control her laughter.

My eyebrows furrowed with confusion and annoyance and I took a few steps towards my desk.

"Did I say something funny?" I asked her and she shook her head no and lowered her eyes to her notepad.

"So I was saying their gross marketing sales are..." I repeated but was interrupted by a notification on my phone.

There was a text message that appeared on my mobile screen, which caused Tara to giggle again.

Anisha❤️:
Miss me Mr. Workaholic?

A smile appeared on my face as I read the message that had three winking emojis at the end. My mind could literally picture her doing that.

Me:

Why would I?

I typed back with a smile lingering on my lips. I kept the phone back to the table and sat down on my chair.

Tara was looking at me with her usual face but I could see a tiny grin cornering her mouth. I drew my eyebrows closer and gave her a sharp look that forced her to look back at her notepad in her hand.

"We have a lot of work tonight. Hurry up." I ordered her and she nodded.

Another notification appeared on my screen and my eyes darted to it as I picked up my phone again.

Anisha❤️:
Whatever. Come home early. I'll be cooking your favourite.

Picking up my mobile, I called her and within a second, she responded with a hello.

"I won't be back home before midnight, Anisha. I have a lot of work to complete." I informed her and rested my head against my chair.

I could imagine her leaning against the counter right now, pouting like a cute baby.