34. Aditya, You are the best

What was I feeling right now? A lot of beautiful emotions

It felt so surreal to be holding my wife's hand in mine right now as she looked into my eyes and the photographer clicked our pictures.

We were damn tired after all the rituals and I don't even know how Anisha managed in this heavy dress of hers, but still... when we looked at each other... We smiled.

Before the photoshoot, we took blessings from the elders so that they could get their dinner and rest before the bidaai.

"Sid?" I exclaimed in disbelief as my footwear went missing. I had given him the task of keeping my footwear safely and when I looked at him for an explanation, he just shrugged his shoulders and smiled nervously.

"We kept them safely in one corner, but your dear little sister ditched us and joined the girl's team, so don't blame us." Sid raised both his hands in an excuse. I glared at Diya while she laughed, shrugging her shoulders.

"Sorry, Bhai. But I am always going to be on Bhabhi's side from now on." She said, wrapping her arm around my wife's shoulder, who smiled in response.

"Technically, even your bhabhi is on my side now," I said, wrapping my arm around Anisha's waist and pulling her closer to me, making her gasp at the sudden pull.

"Really, Anu?" Kiara asked her teasingly and she blushed.

Oh, my beautiful blushing wife.

Wife. It has such a nice ring to it.

"Uhh..." She shuttered looking at me, her eyes blinking up at me with a shy smile on her face and everyone started laughing.

Then everyone started fighting for the footwear and money while me and Anisha enjoyed the show.

There was a ritual called joota chupai, in which the bride's cousins and friends stole the groom's footwear and then asked for neg to return them.

"God! You guys are useless." I told my friends in an annoyed voice. The girls laughed evilly.

"Ok fine. Tell me what you want." I said looking at the girls and they smirked for a minute before they had pleased smiles on their faces.

"Since you have given us the money for many other rituals... we just want a promise," Kiara spoke on behalf of everyone and I nodded looking at them expectantly, as I held Anisha's hand.

"I want you to promise that you will keep my best friend happy, which we both know you will... so the main thing is that... Can you let us have sleepovers in your house with her?" She asked sheepishly and I chuckled along with Anisha.

"You are always welcome. Anisha is going to be happy whenever you guys come. Her happiness is mine." I told them sincerely as they clapped their hands in excitement.