63. I win everytime I'm with you

"Thank you, everyone

"Thank you, everyone." I smile at our company employees once I finish my speech.

They welcomed me this morning with bouquets and cakes, making me feel overwhelmed.

It's been two weeks since that incident. I couldn't say it was taken off my mind, just that I had tried to forgot it like years ago.

And of course I had no one else to be grateful for except my family and my husband.

Their kind gestures had given me a sense of comfort and relief, making me feel like I was not alone in the world. They helped me to let go of the negative feelings associated with the incident and allowed me to move on.

And I can't even say how much effort Adi put into getting me back to my original self. How much he himself went through as he saw me like that, and he didn't even show.

I had taken the last two weeks off as Rohit's contract ended yesterday and mine started today. So, Papa told me I could take leave for a few days and return to work today.

I looked around my newly renovated work place, which belonged to the CEO of this company, which was me now. Papa had made admirable efforts at getting the office ready just like I liked.

I was looking around the room when I heard the running steps of someone. When that person screamed entering the room, I saw it was Kiara.

"Oh my god! Oh my god!" She screamed showing off her hand and I looked at her in confusion before my eyes zeroed in on her ring finger.

Her finger was adorned with a beautiful diamond cut ring.

My eyes widened as I looked back at her. Her face screamed happiness, out of the world.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed turning around the table and reaching out to her in order to inspect her hand.

"He proposed." Her voice was filled with excitement as she said.

"Who? Sid?" I teased and she narrowed her eyes to me, slapping my arm.

"Of course. I couldn't have guessed it. He gave such an amazing surprise." She beamed looking at her ring and then at me. The big smile stuck on her face as she described the details.

"Yeah? I did not even know he would do something. Nobody told me." I pointed and she chuckled shrugging.

Since the surprise was for her, it would be impossible for her to know. Obviously.

"I'm so happy for you." I said and hugged her. She hugged me back shaking me from left to right.

And suddenly I felt dizzy as she did that.

I placed my hands on her arm and pulled back from the hug. Something circled around in my head and I felt unsteady on my feet. Kiara frowned at me in confusion.