2. Meet Aditya's Family

"I need my schedule for tomorrow as soon as possible," I asked my secretary, Tara

"I need my schedule for tomorrow as soon as possible," I asked my secretary, Tara. Tara quickly responded and said that she would have it ready shortly. She said that she was already working on it and would finish it shortly.

"I will also email a copy of it to you tonight." She said and I nodded closing the unnecessary tabs on my screen and getting to the main tab where my presentation was halfway prepared.

"Coffee?" I asked and quickly glanced at the clock on my laptop to see how much time I had in my hand to finish the presentation. I got up from my chair and grabbed my cup of coffee, hoping the caffeine would motivate me to finish it in time.

"I will get it, sir." She replied and headed out to get my morning coffee.

I love coffee.

"Here, Sir." She forwarded me the coffee after five minutes. I looked up from my laptop and took my coffee.

"Thank you." I got up from my chair and grabbed my cup of coffee, hoping the caffeine would motivate me to finish it in time.

"No problem... sir. Uhh..." Tara stuttered and I turned around the table corner to look at her.

"Do you want to ask something?" I asked her, sipping my coffee.

"Yes sir. Can I leave early today?" She asked nervously.

"Why?" I asked. A reason had to be given for an early leave.

"It's my mom's birthday... So... " she said halfway, and I nodded as she explained.

"You can go," I said it before she finished.

Mom comes first, even before work.

"Thank you so much, sir." She thanked me and I knew how pleased my answer made her. She had only her mom and a younger brother in her family.

"Wish her from my side." I smiled and she nodded thanking me again.

"But I need my schedule." I reminded her and she nodded with a smile.

"You will get your schedule soon. Don't worry." She said and I nodded appreciatively.

"Good. You can leave now." I said getting back to my seat.

"Yes, sir." She said and left my office room.

I had completed my coffee and was about to read the file related to the meeting in the evening when my phone rang.

"It's your mom calling, son. Pick up the phone... la la la... Mom is the best... Ah haa haa... It's your mom calling, Son...pick up the phone... la..."

My mom set this ringtone on my phone that rang whenever she called me. Like seriously? She sang it in her own voice and I don't even know when she changed the ringtone. She's weird but she's the best.

"Yes, Mom," I said picking up the phone and putting it on speaker.

"Aditya... By mistake, I packed the wrong lunch for you today. You have to eat palak paneer today. I know you don't like it. But I don't know how your box got exchanged with Ishaan's box. So you have something from the canteen? But don't have anything oily..." Mom explained.