60. Why are you back, Nikhil?

Nikhil Agnihotri

Nikhil Agnihotri.

Never had I thought, I would ever have to see this face again. It was this person who had made me go through the worst phase of my life.

He looked different. He had a lot of beard and he dressed like some top company's ce.

But I could recognise his face even then, because he had the same wicked look on his face, as he stared at me with a small smirk.

"This is my wife, Anisha. And this is Nitesh Varma." Adi introduced us and my throat went dry.

He had changed his name along with his look.

"Mrs. Malhotra. Finally got to meet you." Nikhil spoke forwarding his hand and I felt my breathing quicken slowly.

His eyes were dangerous as he looked at me, they were saying something. Something that I didn't want to know.

"Anisha?" Adi whispered shaking me slightly so I would forward my hand to shake with his.

But I couldn't.

So I did the first thing that came to my mind. I shook my head and walked away, practically ran away from there. I ran towards one of the various rooms that has been booked for the guests today.

I heard Adi call me from behind, but I didn't stop until I reached my room and then closed the door immediately.

"Anisha?... what happened?" Adi tapped the door furiously, tension clear in his voice.

"Adi..." I mumbled as I felt myself tear up at the thought of having seen my ex after so many years, which I never wanted to.

"Baby, please open the door." The taps on the door increased and I stood up slowly and opened the door.

As soon as I did, Adi came inside and locked the door back, which I didn't even had to ask him, he understood.

"What happened? Why did you run away like that?" Adi asked cupping my face and I shivered as tears rolled down my eyes.

"Adi... that is... he..." I mumbled but couldn't get to say it out completely and he wiped me tears away.

"Shh... relax, it's okay... tell me." He whispered softly as he made me sit on the bed in the room and he kneeled on the floor in front of me, rubbing his thumb on my hand to calm me down.

"He is... Nikhil. My ex." I said after a few seconds after taking a deep breath and Adi stilled. His movements and breathing stilled.