13. Just hold my hand.

In the middle of the night, I was sleeping when suddenly my eyes opened and I saw that Anisha's side was empty

Where did she go?

I waited for five minutes thinking she might have gone to the washroom but when she did not come, I went there to check on her.

And thank God for giving me that instinct to get there because I don't know what would have happened to her had I not reached there on time.

Two boys were harassing her and it took everything in me to not throw them out of the running train for touching Anisha.

But one look at her, and I pulled them back and they ran away.

Anisha was crying and in shock because she was shivering and not responding to me when I called her a few times. The look of fear and shock on her face indicated that whatever had happened back was distressing.

I shook her by calling out her name a little louder and that's when she looked at me.

"Why are you shivering?" I asked in a tense voice holding her shoulders.

Tears fell from her eyes and I immediately got up and sat beside her, pulling her into my arms. She sobbed laying her head on my chest as I caressed the back of her head trying to calm her down.

"Anisha, what happened?" I asked concernedly. She looked into my eyes, tears streaming down her face.

"He did the same to me," Anisha mumbled as she sniffed and laid her head back on my chest, holding on to me.

What was she talking about...

"Who?" I asked. My heart raced as I waited for her answer. I had a feeling I knew who she was talking about, but I wanted to hear it for myself.

"Nikhil." She added not lifting her head from my chest and wrapping her hands around me.

Nikhil.

"Do you want to talk about him?" I asked her to make sure she wanted to tell me about her past.

She lifted her head and saw her eyes red and puffy because she had cried continuously. My heart ached.

I brought my fingers up and rubbed the tears off her face and caressed her cheeks softly taking in every inch of her face. Anisha closed her eyes and leaned down to my touch.

"Tell me about him," I asked and she opened her eyes to look at me.

I wanted to know about her past from the very beginning, not because I was going to judge her or that it would affect our relationship. But I wanted to know what had happened to her that her heart was so broken that she had decided she could never fall in love again.