50. Straight out of a fictional book

"I can't believe she has a boyfriend

"I can't believe she has a boyfriend." Adi said as he laid down on the sofa with his head on my lap.

"Why is that so?" I asked him as I brushed my fingers through his hair.

Diya had left in the morning and while we were having breakfast, she told Adi that she was dating and seeing someone from her college. He was surprised, no doubt. But he told her that if she was happy, then he or anyone of us did not have a problem with that.

Though only I knew how much hesitant he was when he told her all that. Because even when he did not have any problem with it, he was scared that someone would hurt his sister.

"I told you, she is still the little one to me and I don't want anyone to hurt her." Adi said looking up at me.

"This is life, Adi. Everyone grows and this phase does come. We are all there for her and I know you won't let anyone hurt her." I told him and he nodded and then turned his face towards my stomach and snuggled closer.

"Adi..." I chuckled.

"Thank you." He mumbled and his breath tickled on my stomach.

"Always. Okay now Kiara is going to come, get up." I told him but he did not listen and snuggled his face into my stomach even more if that was possible and tightened his arms around me.

"Adi, what are you doing?" I asked and he chuckled moving his face back and looking up at me.

"Why has your voice gone low?" He asked lifting his eyebrow and smirking at me. I smacked his shoulder.

"I am going to prepare dinner and you, Mr. Malhotra are going to help me." I gave him a pointed look and he grinned.

"I will be glad to help, Mrs. Malhotra." He winked and before getting up from the sofa, pecked my lips and then moved to the kitchen.

I shook my head and followed him to the kitchen. We started preparing the dinner which was simple roti, aloo ki sabji, and dal chawal.

"Adi, I'm hungry, how much more time will you take doing that?" I asked him a few minutes later when he was busy decorating the plates for no reason.

Food gives us nutrition. But he was busy decorating the food as if that gives us the nutrition.

He dropped the spoon on the platter and walked towards me. His eyes were slightly dark and a sensuous smile was playing on his lips.

I didn't move an inch from my place, just kept looking at him. He extended his hand towards me and I took it smiling.

He took the advantage, pulling me towards himself, lifting me up to sit me on the counter and pressed his lips on mine. I responded to him immediately,

He let me take control as I tugged his hair with my fingers pulling him closer. We both were panting trying to catch our breaths. He pulled back, pecking my lips one more time.