62. I would loose a hundred deals

"I made you your favourite pancakes

"I made you your favourite pancakes." I said placing the plate in front of Anisha as she sat at the dining table.

"Thank you." She said softly and blinked at the plate for a few minutes before she picked up a fork and a spoon and started eating her breakfast.

But she didn't smile. The bright smile that always shined on her face whenever she looked at the pancakes that I made for her, was not there.

I sighed. It's been three days since the incident and though she tried her best to tell or show me that she was fine, she wasn't. I knew.

All those events that happened that night added to the miserable memories of her her past and impacted her badly. It would take time for her to recover.

I understood that and tried my best to give her the space she needed to come out from all of it.

Though we still tried to cheer her up in the last three days. Our families came to meet her and they talked to her about everything except that incident.

They told her how Ayaan had a crush on a girl in his college. Diya and her boyfriend were planing to go on a trip. Ishaan achieved a medal in swimming competition. Mom and Dad fought on something very silly. Ma and Papa were planning to go a yatra. While Isha di and Yash couldn't come because he had an appointment with the doctor.

Kiara and Sid came yesterday to spend time with her. She talked to them and watched movies with them, but she wasn't herself, her usual self.

And it was so painful to see her like that. So fucking painful. It was as if I had broken along with her. But I had to stay strong, which I did.

I made her favourite food, brought her favourite ice cream, and even talked about the actor she currently has a crush on, even though she knew how much I didn't like her having crush on anyone rather than me

But doing all of that only made me realise that that it was going to take a little while and I had to be patient. So I -

"You won't have breakfast?" I heard ask but she didn't look up at me as she continued eating the pancakes.

"No, I'll have it in the office. I have a meeting today." I inform her and she nods her head.

"All the best." She says and that makes me smile. She always wished me luck whenever I had a meeting and had a deal to sign.

"Thank you. You'll be okay?" I ask her nods her head again. I tell her to call someone home if she gets bored and she agree to it as she mutters an okay.

"I'll see you in the evening. Take care." I say as I kiss on her temple and she hums mumbling a bye.

I take a deep sigh as I look at her for a few more seconds, before heading out of the door and locking it behind me in case she forgets.