Piano

-In the past, when Belle was still his maid-
Rumplestiltskin stormed into the library with a nervous look. He approached the table and threw everything on the floor, then sat on the chair, his head resting on his both hands. The mirror appeared, after he heard the noise, then, he saw Rumple and all the things on the floor.

Mirror: Dark One! What happend?!
Rumple: Go away!
Mirror: What happend here? Why are you so angry?
Rumple: Why am I so angry? Because everything gets worse! And do you know since when? Since the arrival of Belle! All these years! All the years I struggled not to have any weakness! IT WILL BE OVER!
Mirror: Okay, let me remind you that you made her choose. You made the deal, you always choose the price. Besides, what does she have to do with this? What weakness? Did she do something?
Rumple: No. But she will... And I fear that the future cannot change no matter how hard I try...
Mirror: You saw the future again. What exactly did you see?
Rumple: This is something I am not going to confess...and say it out loud.
Mirror: Come on. You know that I don't judge you and I want nothing more than to help you.
Rumple: Why would you? I locked you in the mirror and kept you covered for hundreds of years.
Mirror: But now i'm not alone anymore. Belle is my friend. As so as you. Tell me what happend. What did you see?
Rumple: *silence* I...I was spinning. Belle came to me. And somehow it seemed like she came from outside. Anyway, she sat down next to me...
Mirror: And?
Rumple: And we started talking. She looked at me like... like I'm something worth looking at... With her blue eyes...she seemed to be asking for something. But without words. Then, she approached. More and more.
Mirror: And?
Rumple: We... We—
Mirror: Kissed?
Rumple: I promise you say this one more time out loud and I'll destroy you.
Mirror: So it happend! It will happen!
Rumple: Should I be worried that you seem happy?
Mirror: You should be too! You were given another chance at happiness. You should take it.
Rumple: I'm tired of false hopes.
Mirror: I know you want to protect your heart, but that doesn't mean you have to stay closed all your life thinking that everyone is the same. Belle is different.
Rumple: I know she's different! But... I... I don't love her...
Mirror: Are you sure?
Rumple: Yes. Yes, i'm sure! She's my maid.
Mirror: That's it?
Rumple: What can be more?
Mirror: Nothing. You're right.
Rumple: Of course I am! *put all the fallen things back on the table with magic as Belle entered the room*
Belle: Rumplestiltskin?
Rumple: What do you want?
Belle: Uh, I'm done dusting your things.
Rumple: Then do it again!
Belle: What?
Rumple: Since you finished, the dust has gathered. Dust them once more. It's so hard to understand?! *he rushed out of the room*
Belle: What's wrong with him?
Mirror: He's probably having a bad day...
Belle: Maybe, but he should stop throwing all his nerves at me. I thought he's not like that anymore. I thought...
Mirror: He carries more anger than a thousand armies could ever carry. He was betrayed, deceived, hurt. Believe me when I say he has already crossed hell. Do you know one of the only times when I saw peace in his eyes?
Belle: When?
Mirror: *smiled* When he looked at you.
Belle: Do...Do you think—
Mirror: I think what I see... And I also saw how you look at him with those eyes.
Belle: What? No. These are the only eyes I have.
Mirror: But did you know that when you look at him, a sparkle appears in your eyes?
Belle: A sparkle? Does it look too obvious?
Mirror: Oh, no-no. But I see everything. He's too busy with his power to see.
Belle: Yeah... He is...

After an hour, on his way to the potions room, he stopped, hearing a sound. He realized that it was Belle, then he wanted to go to her and ask her why she doesn't dust his things, he being angry. But as he approached the door, his face changed, realizing that the sound of the piano was heard. That room was full of old and random stuff and in the middle was a big black piano. No one has played that piano for hundreds of years, but today he caught Belle singing a beautiful song that sounded like you had just entered heaven. He poked his head into the room, wanting to see Belle. Her fingers seemed to slide across the piano, making a thin and clear sound. He didn't know until now that she could do this... and a smile appeared on his face, as if his sympathy for her had increased. After a while, he continued his way, quietly.