Lost In Darkness

-In the past, not so long since Belle made the deal with Rumplestiltskin-

At lunch, Belle poured a soup she had just made into the bowls. She slowly sat down on the chair and looked at The Dark One who was eating.

Belle: You know... I was thinking... It's time for the berries to ripen and, as you know, we have a forest not far from the castle. I was wondering if I could go there...
Rumple: No, you can't.
Belle: If I made the agreement to stay with you forever, it doesn't mean that I can't go out anymore!
Rumple: It means, if I say so. *He continued to eat, keeping his composure*
Belle: Why won't you let me? I won't stay
long—
Rumple: Because I don't trust you to come back...
Belle: *silence* Then come with me.
Rumple: *He stops eating and looks nervously at her* I don't have time for you and your berry picking! *he calms down and continues to eat*
Belle: And who are you to tell me what to do?!
Rumple: I'M YOUR MASTER! Now eat!
Belle: *She slowly stands up* You know what? I don't feel like eating anymore...
Rumple: Sit back down and eat everything or I'll lock you in your dungeon and you'll starve there!

Belle, scared, quickly sits down and starts to eat in a hurry, until the last sip. At that moment she felt powerless. As much as she wanted to fight back, she knew it would mean her death.
After a few months, Rumple approached Belle who was sweeping.

Rumple: I have to go to the nearby forest to meet someone to talk about some agreements.  And you will come with me.
Belle: What? Are you serious?
Rumple: Do you think I'm kidding? Get ready quickly or I'll go without you.
Belle: *smiles* Thank you.

When they reached the forest, Belle went to a bush and started to pick some berries that she put in her basket.

Rumple: Wait me here. It won't take so long.

Then he went further, leaving her alone. Not so long after, he returns.

Belle: Oh, you're back already.
Rumple: Yes, we haven't made any deal after all... He just wasted my time.
Belle: Hmm...

When she turned to face him she noticed that his boots were dirty... with blood. She had shivers and accidentally dropped the basket from her hands. He was confused.

Rumple: Belle? You're okay? *When he saw that she was looking intently at his boots, he looked too* Oh... I'm so sorry Belle, I didn't want you to see this. *He makes the blood stains disappear with magic*
Belle: *Startled* What did you do to that poor man?
Rumple: Belle...
Belle: WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!
Rumple: I told you! He wasted my time... He didn't do what I asked him to do—
Belle: And you killed him because he didn't listen to you?!
Rumple: I see you got it—
Belle: You are horrible!
Rumple: And you really underestimate me, dearie... I get rid of people who bother me. So I suggest you to be careful how you talk. Now take your basket and let's go!

When they arrived at the castle, Belle hurried upstairs to the library and sat down in an armchair, terrified. The mirror saw her like that and got confused.

Mirror: Hey, Belle. What happend?
Belle: Nothing... I'm fine.
Mirror: No, you're not. You look scared. Tell me what happend!
Belle: I-I was in the forest...with Rumplestiltskin, and... while I was picking some berries he went to talk to someone.
Wh-When he returned, he had... blood...on his boots.
Mirror: Oh god... What happend next?
Belle: I asked him how he could do something like that, and he threatened me. Oh mirror...
I-I'm afraid. *almost crying*
Mirror: Hey, It's okay. I'm sure he wasn't serious.

Then footsteps are heard. Belle gets scared and knows Rumple was coming. She got up and when he entered the room she hurried out.

Mirror: What the hell is wrong with you?!
Rumple: What?
Mirror: I know what happened. How could you do that?
Rumple: Uh, of course she told you...
Mirror: I made her tell me. You haven't seen how she looks like? You terrified her!
Rumple: At least now she realized who I really am.
Mirror: Look, I know you're bad and nothing can change that.  But at least try to be more understanding with her. The poor girl lost her family and her freedom in only one day...

In the evening, The Dark One went to the bedroom where Belle was also. She was with her back to him and was holding a big fluffy pillow in her arms. He sat down next to her in bed and looked at her with a face full of regret.

Rumple: Belle? *But she didn't answer* Belle, I'm sorry... I am... *gasp* I didn't want you to see me like that.
Belle: *she gets up and looks at him* Do you really think that if you keep hurting people, it will fill the void in your soul? It's not like that...
Rumple: *gasps* Pain makes people change. Being alone I took refuge in magic. It's hard when you feel so (fucking) unwanted...  *Belle looks at him, sadly* Of course, you wouldn't understand that... I mean, you have a lot of people who love you.
Belle: Oh, so you think my situation is easy?  Okay, maybe it doesn't compare to yours, but that doesn't mean it's not hard for me! I have people who love me for nothing if I will never see them again. And that's because I made a deal with a psychopath killer.
Rumple: *smiles* I suppose that's me...

And for a moment they made eye contact without saying anything. That moment felt like an eternity. None of them knew what to do. If they had to say anything or not. Finally Rumple decided to break the silence...

Rumple: Well... I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry...
Belle: Because you did this or because I saw this?
Rumple: I think you know the answer...

Belle nodded slowly and they both went to sleep.